Aruba Beach
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Avis

Banned

General aviation

Anybody have any idea where GENERAL AVIATION is?

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    Randi,

I'm supposed to be picking up in general aviation, had rec'd email confirmation, nothing more has come will let you know if it does

Quote Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
    Not exactly sure but I do believe it is very close to the airport. When we go to Marandi's we take the first right after the airport and follow the GENERAL AVIATION signs, so I would assume it must be somewhere in that neighbourhood.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Karen View Post
    Thanks Amy. I didn't know. There has been so much on what is going on at the airport, we can't keep up with the changes.

We had friends visiting the end of March & we needed to rent an extra car. Hans was totally booked. The 2 agencies I checked with before renting a vehicle did not have a shuttle service.
    We use Optima/Payless - they offer a shuttle service. They have been great to work with.

Hey - will we see you in Sept???
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 04-29-2009 at 10:33 AM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We use Optima/Payless - they offer a shuttle service. They have been great to work with.

Hey - will we see you in Sept???
    Yes, we arrive on the 8th.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Karen View Post
    Yes, we arrive on the 8th.
    See you in Sept!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
    On the other side of the airport where the private planes park. You will have to catch a cab to get there.

2 days til pardise and a little more comfort.

Just got off the phone with avis corp (customer service) and have recognized my claim. We were told to fax a copy of the original confirmation (77.51) to them and they would see what they could do. I did have to rebook my avis rental car for the week for $211. Long story short, Sounds like we WON the case and will get refunded the difference 48 hrs after the car is returned. We have a claim number that states this so I think everything is koser. Now I can sit back and relax. 2 days til paridise! Hope everyone else has the same luck!

Now, does anyone know how to get to the Avis main office and how far from the airport? Taxi or Shuttle?? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by buffettman21 View Post
    Just got off the phone with avis corp (customer service) and have recognized my claim. We were told to fax a copy of the original confirmation (77.51) to them and they would see what they could do. I did have to rebook my avis rental car for the week for $211. Long story short, Sounds like we WON the case and will get refunded the difference 48 hrs after the car is returned. We have a claim number that states this so I think everything is koser. Now I can sit back and relax. 2 days til paridise! Hope everyone else has the same luck!
    My dh received a similar explanation today. Basically go pickup the vehicle, pay what ever they charge you and then contact us [Avis US]after you turn the vehicle in. We have decided that for the possibility of having to pay $600+ vs. $260, we are just not willing to take that kind of chance.

I just received an email confirmation from an Avis Aruba manager. She clearly stated that my reservation is in order and they will honor my price of $61.15 for a ten day rental for an SUV.

I will write a follow up report when I arrive in Aruba next week.

Regards,

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast