Aruba Beach
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Avis

Thumbs up Avis Deals

It will be on a case by case basis but at least there are some victories.

[quote=buffettman21;138343]Just got off the phone with avis corp (customer service) and have recognized my claim. We were told to fax a copy of the original confirmation (77.51) to them and they would see what they could do. I did have to rebook my avis rental car for the week for $211. Long story short, Sounds like we WON the case and will get refunded the difference 48 hrs after the car is returned. We have a claim number that states this so I think everything is koser. Now I can sit back and relax. 2 days til paridise! Hope everyone else has the same luck![/quote]Hope all works out for you,please post as soon as you can being you are the first one trying to get this deal.Have a great vacation.

Well with all of this information, I will try to see what Avis Canada has to say. I will tell them some of my "friends" got this deal with Avis US and to investigate and see what they can offer me!!

Yes, Buffetman21 please let us know how this worked out for you!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I am happy to see that almost 5,000 people have viewed this thread!!

Avis Aruba, we are doing our best.........

Andrea, can we change this thread name again? Perhaps to Avis Aruba beware!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I will be arriving in Aruba tomorrow and I am going to pick up my reserved Suv for ten days and I will be paying $61.00

I received written confirmation from two managers from Avis Aruba and they have both assured me that my reservation and my price, will be honored. I will write back on this forum tomorrow afternoon to state my experience.

Before we start given Avis Aruba a bad rap, let me report on my experience first. (I still have a vehicle reserved with a different rental agency just in case I need it.)

I beleive that I will be the first person from this forum to TEST their reservation system. Wish me luck.

Aruba since 1979
    i am leery of "liable"
    that is why i changed it to the name it is now

has anyone gone to aua, got the good rate yet?
    any good news to report?

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    I will be arriving in Aruba tomorrow and I am going to pick up my reserved Suv for ten days and I will be paying $61.00

I received written confirmation from two managers from Avis Aruba and they have both assured me that my reservation and my price, will be honored. I will write back on this forum tomorrow afternoon to state my experience.

Before we start given Avis Aruba a bad rap, let me report on my experience first. (I still have a vehicle reserved with a different rental agency just in case I need it.)

I beleive that I will be the first person from this forum to TEST their reservation system. Wish me luck.

Are you getting your car from general aviation or oranjestad? And yes, GOOD LUCK!!

I am getting the rental at General Aviation. The manager told me that a shuttle will take us from the airport office to the aviation site.

Can you ask if General Aviation is the same owner as Oranjestad, please? That is where I rented from and they would not honour the reservation.
    Thanks!

It is the same owner for the different locations.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast