Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Avis

Aruba since 1979
    david
    safe and fun travels

andrea

Thank you Andrea.

I will report back tomorrow afternoon.

I cannot wait to get there and leave this rainy New Jeresy behind!

Regards,
    David

Good luck David, and more importantly have a wonderful trip!

----Avis Rental Update----

Avis Rental Update:

Upon our arrival in Aruba, we walked over to Avis across from the airport. I presented my rental confirmation for an Suv for ten days with the total price being $131.00 including all taxes and fees. I was first told from the Avis rep that they would not honor my reservation because I was given the wrong price. She told me that I would have to pay over $540.00 for the same vehicle for the same time frame. (I smiled when she told me that).

After I produced two (2) emails from both Avis managers (Nixon & Lidia) she didn't know what to say. She had to call both managers to verify my email conformations. After a rather short telephone conversation with both managers, she was told to give me the Suv for my quoted price of $131.00.

Since the vehicle I rented was at General Aviation, we were driven to that location by her co-worker. Once we arrived at General Aviation, we were presented the vehicle, a 2008 Kia Sorrento Suv with only 425km on the odometer. I filled out the required paperwork, which I checked very carefully and everything was in order.

The overall experience was better than I expected. I thought for sure, that I would not get the vehicle. It took a little more than one hour from the time of our arrival at the airport Avis, to us taken possession of the vehicle at General Aviation.

From my experience today with Avis, make sure that you have the reservation verified by at least one of the above listed managers and get that verification in writing via email.

Once you get there and you do have the email verification, stick to your guns if someone tries to tell you that there is no way they could rent the vehicle at that price. It worked for me!

I will post updates on Aruba in the next few days. Off to dinner now and a few bottles of wine

Regards,
    David

Ok now what do we doAndrea,are you going to try this,I booked with Hans and don't want to cancel.

Aruba since 1979
    wow!

andrea

Aruba since 1979
    keepimg my HANS reservation
    i would not be as lucky/fortunate as david

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    Ok now what do we doAndrea,are you going to try this,I booked with Hans and don't want to cancel.

Avis Deals

I am glad it worked for David does anyone have nixon's email address.
    I think if we follow David it will work out don't cancel Han's yet.

New2Aruba

Well I guess I am the only one who got an email from Lidia saying my reservation was cancelled??

What I would do is keep a reservation for another car for a few days later so if you need to cancel you will give the other operater a day or two advance notice. If Avis doesn't honour your confirmation then say good bye, walk out knowing you have another reservation. The worst that will happen is you take a taxi to the hotel and pick up another car the following day.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Well I guess I am the only one who got an email from Lidia saying my reservation was cancelled??
    No, you were not the only one Randi. We did as well. Our reservation was for June, not high season.

So...I guess they are picking and choosing which reservations they are honoring. That's okay with me. I have a voice through the internet and you do as well.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast