Aruba Beach
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Avis

Quote Originally Posted by buffettman21 View Post
    Just got off the phone with avis corp (customer service) and have recognized my claim. We were told to fax a copy of the original confirmation (77.51) to them and they would see what they could do. I did have to rebook my avis rental car for the week for $211. Long story short, Sounds like we WON the case and will get refunded the difference 48 hrs after the car is returned. We have a claim number that states this so I think everything is koser. Now I can sit back and relax. 2 days til paridise! Hope everyone else has the same luck!

Sorry it has taken me a little to respond. Home safe and Avis held true on the bargain. It took me a reminder phone call to avis Corp. 72 hrs after we got home, but they did reimburse us $137.

I got to tell you, I have been talking to Lidia via email, and have confirmed my rate of 80+ dollars for an SUV with Pickup at General aviation for a full week. She has been very accommodating even explaining that for an additional 11.11% I am free to drop it off at the airport upon my return. She was also clear that there would be no shuttle, but I've been told that and can accept that.

So far this looks like it will be a great deal for me. Arriving 6/19!

Thumbs up Avis Deals

Thanks to the enitre board for presuuring Avis they are handeling this matter
    claim by claim. I arrive 5/29th so we shall see how this plays out.
    6 days and a wake up aruba here i come

Thumbs up I can't believe this!!

Your reservation will be honoured. When you are in Aruba you have to call us for pick-up, if you are at the hotel.
    No shuttles from the airport will be provided.

Lidia

I decided to make another phone call stating that I was aware that the reservations were being honoured and people were told that upcoming reservations would be honoured too. She agreed to honour the two reservations that I have but I told her that I wanted it confirmed via email. I then sent a fresh email with the reservation numbers and low and behold..... they are going to honour the reservation!!!

Should I take off the Don't rent from Avis in my signature yet???
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Okay, I will bite. I just emailed Ms. Pourier asking her to reinstate our reservation which she took upon herself to cancel and rebook at the "standard" rate. How long do you all think is a reasonable amount of time to await a response from her?

She told me she cancelled my reservation on a previous email but when I called the 800 number they told me that it wasn't cancelled. That is when I went into action.

I had to call her directly to get her to respond via email. I used a fresh email so she wouldn't see the "cancelled" part she wrote me. First check to see if your reservation is in fact has been cancelled.

I will PM you the direct number I have for customer service. Use it if your reservation is in fact cancelled and then explain your situation to him.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

This is starting to get better by the day.So Randy you are going to take off the Don't rent from Avis,I would say to wait and see what happens to some others before you let your guard down.I still have my reservation with Avis but I did book with Tropic.

DannyO, I am Leary and somewhat skeptical so seeing is believing. I was just wondering if they are telling me that they will honour my request then may be I shouldn't be so judgmental???? I will wait....

Avis honored my request two weeks ago. I think they got the message now.

I still have another reservation for two weeks in September for a full size SUV and I have an email confirmation for that one too.

Regards,

Thanks Randi. I just now received an email from Ms. Pourier stating that they would reinstate our reservation. I attached the copy of our original confirmation email as well as the email she sent to us cancelling that reservation. A little confusing...she stated one of her colleagues had already responded but either way she is sending me a new confirmation number on Monday. I also stipulated that the reservation at the original price was for pick up and drop off at Schotlandstrat. Naturally I will keep everyone posted.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast