Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Avis

Dannyo, i just tried your dates and I get the following pricing:

Compact at $70.00
    Mini Van at $115.00

This pricing is good if you pick it up at Schotlandstraat.

Grab it before it is gone.

Regards,
    David

Cool Is Avis Rental Running a scam

looks like danny now has2 reservations did aruba lisa book danny a flight. I love the love on this message board.

Oh my God....

Look at what I was able to book...
    14 days for only $88 !!!....

Model Preferred:
    Suzuki Gran Vitara or similar
    Vehicle Description Suzuki Gran Vitara or similar
    SIPP Code: IFAR
    Vendor: Avis

Features:
    4 Door - Seats
    5 - Air Conditioning - Radio - CD Player -
    Automatic - 4 Wheel Drive -
    Intermediate SUV -
    Unlimited Kilometres

Pickup had to be:
    General Aviation
    Cas Paloma #75
    Simeon Antonoi, Aruba

Dates: October 30 to November 13, 2009

Now will there be a 4x4 SUV waiting for us at that price....
    Usually when it is to good to be true...

At least some of you will tell us if it really did work before the rest of us goes to Aruba...

Anyone not requiring pickup at the airport, according to their website they offer a free shuttle to their office on Schotlandstraat.

"Shuttle Service
    Now you can make your reservation and provide us with your location for pick-up and drop off.
    Service provided to all Hi-rise, Low-rise Hotels and Vaction Appartments. [locations listed at link below, but all major resorts]"

LOL to everyone!!

I booked a van for two different trips, each trip 3 weeks for $300!! I was/am worried that there is some mistake. The 800 number says that they have to honour the reservation... my worry is that when I get there they "won't have my car"???

However, this is too good to be true!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Cool Is Avis Rental Running a Scam

It will be your vehicle or a similar make/model but you will have something to drie away in.

Actually, what I mean is that when I show up they will say that there are no cars left...

If for some reason this is a computer glitch and we are all getting unbelievable deals then what happens if when we go to pick up our vehicle they say that the cars are all gone?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    those of us that made reservations
    HAVE confirmations
    we are confirmed for a price and a "type " of vehicle

i contacted a friend last night and she said that she thinks avis is doing this to put the little guys out of business
    my thoughts is that it is just a pricing mistake and they will sonn correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    those of us that made reservations
    HAVE confirmations
    we are confirmed for a price and a "type " of vehicle

i contacted a friend last night and she said that she thinks avis is doing this to put the little guys out of business
    my thoughts is that it is just a pricing mistake and they will sonn correct it.
    I have given this some thought as well.

The cars are sitting on their lot collecting dust if they are not rented. Avis is not taking in a single dollar to recoup their cost of purchasing the cars, or making the payments, if they are leased vehicles- not sure how that works with international franchises.

Think of it like Spirit airlines flying their airplanes with seats sold at $8 and $9 each. At least they are filling the planes. In Avis' case atleast they are taking in "some" money for their rentals. Better than having the car sit unused.

Supply and demand- capitalism at it's best.

I have a comfirmation too but have you ever gone to a car rental place and they said "sorry, your vehicle is not here?" That is what I am afraid of and they will replace it with some crappy vehicle.

Well, let's see what others have to say after they use this place. I don't want the "little" guy to go out of business but who can refuse a good deal?

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast