Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Avis

I am a little nervous so I am going to call the Aruba Avis office tomorrow. Don't want to show up at Xmas and find out I have no vehicle.

Will report back.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thumbs up AVIS Deals

I believe as long as you carry a copy of your confirmation you will be fine AVIS has to honor that reservation. I did notice they only have a few cars at a lesser price the regular vehicles go for the regular rate so if you are in a group one or two people will get an inexpensive car everyone else will pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Karen View Post
    Has anyone taken the time to e-mail ......
    I have already email them will keep you all informed of the result

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I have given this some thought as well.

The cars are sitting on their lot collecting dust if they are not rented. Avis is not taking in a single dollar to recoup their cost of purchasing the cars, or making the payments, if they are leased vehicles- not sure how that works with international franchises.

Think of it like Spirit airlines flying their airplanes with seats sold at $8 and $9 each. At least they are filling the planes. In Avis' case atleast they are taking in "some" money for their rentals. Better than having the car sit unused.

Supply and demand- capitalism at it's best.
    Spirit also makes a lot of money on the add-on sales. On-board food and beverages, baggage fees and I believe you can book hotels and cars on their site as well.

I must be a little greedy,so I cancelled my car for$154 for two weeks and got a mini van for $200 for two weeks.

Aruba since 1979
    omgosh dannyo the greed is such a horrible thing
    i am astounded by your dreadful behavior
    have a good sunday
    andrea

Junior Member BeachBoundBuckeye's Avatar
    Glad to join everybody here. I've been a lurker for some time now but this Avis post got me active. Going in June with another family and we hadn't rented any cars yet. We were able to get with taxes and insurance two Suzuki Gran Vittara SUV's for $126 each for the week thanks to this post. When I rented them the only deals I found were using the General Aviation location. There were two Gen Aviation listings in there and one said not open but the other one accepted it. The only deal was on this SUV and boy what a deal it was.
    I'll anxiously wait to hear what sort of response the folks on here who emailed Avis about their reservation get. I was just now surfing through some other past posts and saw where Aruba Lisa listed the addresses for Avis and see that General Aviation is different from the airport. There is no shuttle so how do we get there ? Anyone else use the General Aviation code on their reservation ? The addresses showed as follows:

General Aviation - A9U
    Cas Paloma #75, Simeon Antonio, Aruba
    (297) 583-5295
    Sun-Sat 08:00AM-12:00AM

Reina Beatrix Airport - AUA
    Wayaca Zin, Simeon Antonio, Aruba
    (297) 582-5496
    Sun-Sat 06:30AM-10:30PM

Can't wait for our first trip. I'm sure we will have many more questions before departure !

Aruba since 1979
    you will have to take a taxi there to that location.
    i think, and i may be wrong............but i think that location is not too far freo the airport. pretty close actually!

there are plenty of taxis.

it is great that the avis deals are making our lives a bit easier and helping us save a few bucks

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBoundBuckeye View Post
    Glad to join everybody here. I've been a lurker for some time now but this Avis post got me active. Going in June with another family and we hadn't rented any cars yet. We were able to get with taxes and insurance two Suzuki Gran Vittara SUV's for $126 each for the week thanks to this post. When I rented them the only deals I found were using the General Aviation location. There were two Gen Aviation listings in there and one said not open but the other one accepted it. The only deal was on this SUV and boy what a deal it was.
    I'll anxiously wait to hear what sort of response the folks on here who emailed Avis about their reservation get. I was just now surfing through some other past posts and saw where Aruba Lisa listed the addresses for Avis and see that General Aviation is different from the airport. There is no shuttle so how do we get there ? Anyone else use the General Aviation code on their reservation ? The addresses showed as follows:

General Aviation - A9U
    Cas Paloma #75, Simeon Antonio, Aruba
    (297) 583-5295
    Sun-Sat 08:00AM-12:00AM

Reina Beatrix Airport - AUA
    Wayaca Zin, Simeon Antonio, Aruba
    (297) 582-5496
    Sun-Sat 06:30AM-10:30PM

Can't wait for our first trip. I'm sure we will have many more questions before departure !

Has anyone actually taken possession of their rental at Avis since we have been posting on here since last week? I would like to know if there were any issues.

I will be there in a few weeks to pick my rental up. I will post my experience the same day.

Regards,

These are really some crazy rates. I just rented a MiniVan from the Schotlandstraat office for a little over $100 for a week. I also rented a KIA Grand Vitara for about $88 from "General Aviation". Not sure how close that is? Anybody ever rent there. I prefer the SUV.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast