Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Avis

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky464 View Post
    Oh, I guess I could also complain about the rental car companies - Avis and National. That was a fiasco. When we got there Avis said they didnt have a minivan which we reserved. The also didnt have any cars!!! THey referred us to another upstart company. Well the car was a bomb!! It also had "A" license plates. Usually tourist rental cars have "V" for visitor. We were convinced that they guy was renting his personal car. Also, Avis didnt have any infant seats that they had promised us.
    Still smiling from Aruba!
    Vicky

This is from another thread, but I am concerned that when we show up at Avis they won't have my van too??? I called yesterday directly to Avis in Aruba. Still waiting for the manager to call or email me back. He said he has the discretion on pricing but didn't have a computer at his desk to go into my reservation(s). First girl said it was a mistake?? The Avis Aruba site is down but when I go into the Avis Canada website and put in Aruba, I still get the same rates.

I will keep you all posted.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    This is from another thread, but I am concerned that when we show up at Avis they won't have my van too??? I called yesterday directly to Avis in Aruba. Still waiting for the manager to call or email me back. He said he has the discretion on pricing but didn't have a computer at his desk to go into my reservation(s). First girl said it was a mistake?? The Avis Aruba site is down but when I go into the Avis Canada website and put in Aruba, I still get the same rates.

I will keep you all posted.
    I get the same rate.

Red face Avis Deals

I went to the avis in person showed my confirmation I am in the system with a legitimate confirmation. Any question I do need to contact Avis in Aruba but the price is legit the avis guy said that is a one day rental in the states.

Aruba since 1979
    i too got a verbal and email confirmation from avis corporate

they guaranteed that my rate is good

the avis franchises are bound by the parent company rules to honor the reservations.

so we wait to see how it is handled when our first forum member renters get to aruba and show up.

andrea

I am still waiting for my email from Avis in Aruba. I spoke with someone in customer service (Avis head office). She said that they must honour the price and if they do not then they can "try" and compensate later. When asked what can we do if they say there is no van? Answer= NOTHING! That is what I am afraid of.... then go try and find a van at Xmas time!

I will keep you posted...

If anyone wants the email address to Aruba, please PM me.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

My question to all,who is going to be the first to rent at these crazy prices?I'm going October 17-31.I hope I'm not the first.I gave this information to other people that will be on Aruba the same time as us.

We will be picking up our mini van the day after we arrive on June 18.

Red face aVIS dEALS

I THINK i WILL BE FIRST MAY 29 16.30 PM.

I will be there on May 7th.

The Avis website in Aruba is working and they are also listing the same low prices for certain vehicles.

http://www.avis.aw/CMS/default.aspx

Aruba since 1979
    david not by choice but by date is the avis guinea pig

andrea

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast