Aruba Beach

Thread: AVIS Aruba

AVIS Aruba

Good morning Folkes,

First of all, Thank you for loving Aruba so much!
    The best way of seeing the island is by renting a car.
    Don't worry about getting lost. The island is only 19 miles long and 6 miles across. The minute you hit water....you simply turn back!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-20-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: had to remove the self promotion

Jeep Lease

Would like to lease a jeep for a tool around the island. What does a person need to qualify for the lease and how much/

Aruba since 1979
    contact AVIS by private message
    and inquire.

there are many different car rental agency on island.
    check further down the "getting around on aruba" category and see your choices.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by prissyelliemerry View Post
    Would like to lease a jeep for a tool around the island. What does a person need to qualify for the lease and how much/

AVIS in Aruba is HORRIBLE

First of all, check out the pics of the car they rented us.

The customer service at AVIS in Aruba is just horrible. They make you sign a BLANK credit card skip if you turn down insurance. And if you complain about it, you get assigned a rust bucket with over 66,000 miles on it - like we did.

We have a one year old and this car is not safe. It started raining on the way to the hotel. First we got lost because they ran out of maps at AVIS. Then I could not see out of the windshield because the wiper blades are so old.

When I expressed my concern to the AVIS rep, she said, "You're renting the car not buying it." What? AVIS' slogan is "We're in the business of treating people like people." That message definitely didn't make it to Aruba.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AVIS Aruba-avis00.jpg   AVIS Aruba-avis7.jpg   AVIS Aruba-avis3.jpg   AVIS Aruba-avis001.jpg  

AVIS Aruba-avis4.jpg  

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

sorry to hear of your auto avis troubles

did they replace the windshield wiper(s) ?

other than windshiled wiper issues and no map was the vehicle usable?was the problems-photos were only cosmetic (except for the wipers?)

Quote Originally Posted by mikecrav View Post
    First of all, check out the pics of the car they rented us.

The customer service at AVIS in Aruba is just horrible. They make you sign a BLANK credit card skip if you turn down insurance. And if you complain about it, you get assigned a rust bucket with over 66,000 miles on it - like we did.

We have a one year old and this car is not safe. It started raining on the way to the hotel. First we got lost because they ran out of maps at AVIS. Then I could not see out of the windshield because the wiper blades are so old.

When I expressed my concern to the AVIS rep, she said, "You're renting the car not buying it." What? AVIS' slogan is "We're in the business of treating people like people." That message definitely didn't make it to Aruba.

Thanks for your concern

No, they didn't replace anything. The people at AVIS could literally care less.

And the issues are not purely cosmetic. The entire car is a rust bucket. I don't mind driving around an older car, just the fact that every piece of it is ready to fall off is the issue.

Aruba since 1979
    if you are extremely unhappy with the vehicle, try dealing with avis again.
    their main office is on the road that leads toward madam janette, go past the chinese grocery store and follow a bit further and it is on the right.

since you are still on island......try speaking with the supervisor or whoever is in charge and seeing if the matter can be rectified.