Aruba Beach

Thread: Back Way From Airport To Palm Beach

Back Way From Airport To Palm Beach

We will be renting a car and our flight arrives during the afternoon "rush hour" if there is such in Aruba. Does anyone have good detailed directions to bypass all the traffic in town coming from the airport heading to Palm Beach? Thanks.

Every year we arrive during rush hour. I have driven the back roads to the hotels and found I didn't save a lot of time. Some times I was more frustrated.
    We now just follow the main road through town and relax. It also gives us a chance to see any changes and get the feeling of being home again.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

don't forget to switch it to "Island time" and you'll never be late, or in a hurry.

go to google maps and look at the island. The only way that may be any faster is to take 1B from the first traffic circle and then 2 to 3 to palm beach. You're not going to save much time and if you hit the locals as they head home from work, the other way is even longer.

Our return to the airport in Feb coincided the downtown parade. Bully's b-i-l picked us up at our hotel and took us around the downtown area since it was closed to through traffic. We threaded through several neighborhoods, and while scenic, I would still be lost in the maize had I tried it myself. Not that would be a bad thing (), but I wouldn't recommend trying it if you really have to get to the airport.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Aruba since 1979
    agree chadd
    we have taken route 1A and B and 2 and 3 and have found that just sticking with the main drag a better idea.

during weekdays, there are issues with kids and schools and related traffic when going thru those back roads/ alternative routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    go to google maps and look at the island. The only way that may be any faster is to take 1B from the first traffic circle and then 2 to 3 to palm beach. You're not going to save much time and if you hit the locals as they head home from work, the other way is even longer.

The back roads are undergoing a great deal of construction lately and there are many detours. Stick to the main road and pretend you are in New York City right up until you get to the resort gate. Why? You will feel that the traffic in the "Big Apple has gotten better and be surprised to find Paradise in Manhattan.

be well
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by bschrager View Post
    We will be renting a car and our flight arrives during the afternoon "rush hour" if there is such in Aruba. Does anyone have good detailed directions to bypass all the traffic in town coming from the airport heading to Palm Beach? Thanks.
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

I totally agree. It is usually slow getting through downtown from the airport, but unlike when I drive in NYC I find myself smiling through the traffic. After all, the Caribbean isn't on my left side when I drive in Manhattan

This discussion reminded me of our trip two years ago. There were six in our group, so we had to take two cabs. Bully drove my husband and me, and one of his cousins drove the other four (son and friends). Since traffic downtown was very heavy, Bully took us through a back way. The other driver drove straight through town. They beat us to our hotel by several minutes, in spite of the heavy traffic.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984