Aruba Beach

Thread: Bad Experience w/ Hertz

Bad Experience w/ Hertz

Hello all....we just got back from Aruba yesterday 10/7...it was our 7th trip. This was the first time that we have rented a car, as we usually went via bus or taxi.

I had a reservation w/ Hertz for a 4 day rental. I reserved online to get the additional 10% discount. The total was $108. Sounded too good to be true...

We arrived at the Hertz counter and I gave the attendant my name....no reservation....I gave her my phone number....no reservation....I gave her my email address...still no reservation. I didn't print the confirmation before I left home, so there was nothing she could do for me....there price was $165 for 4 days , take it or leave it...left it.

I don't know if the online reservations from Hertz is a way to get people in the door to "up sell" or if this was a mistake. Just wanted everyone to keep this in mind if you reserve w/ Hertz.

ON A POSITIVE NOTE:

We ended up renting from Economy, customer service was great....car was average, but served our needs!

Aruba since 1979
    lousy deal
    i wish that you had your printed confirmation with you at the hertz office.

your reservation SHOULD have been in their computer.
    the agent that handled your check in SHOULD have looked up the reservation properly.

maybed you could contact Hertz customer service, send then a copy of your printed confirmation and the receipt of what you had to pay elsewhere.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by ed from maine View Post
    Hello all....we just got back from Aruba yesterday 10/7...it was our 7th trip. This was the first time that we have rented a car, as we usually went via bus or taxi.

I had a reservation w/ Hertz for a 4 day rental. I reserved online to get the additional 10% discount. The total was $108. Sounded too good to be true...

We arrived at the Hertz counter and I gave the attendant my name....no reservation....I gave her my phone number....no reservation....I gave her my email address...still no reservation. I didn't print the confirmation before I left home, so there was nothing she could do for me....there price was $165 for 4 days , take it or leave it...left it.

I don't know if the online reservations from Hertz is a way to get people in the door to "up sell" or if this was a mistake. Just wanted everyone to keep this in mind if you reserve w/ Hertz.

ON A POSITIVE NOTE:

We ended up renting from Economy, customer service was great....car was average, but served our needs!

Sorry to hear this. We had issues with a rotten rental from Hertz about 3 years back. Not resolved to our satisfaction. Called Hertz USA upon returning home and was told in no uncertain terms that we were out of luck. They were a franchise and it was out of their control. Similar issue with Avis and Budget in Curacao. I wish you luck.