Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best way to get to Baby Beach and stop at Charlies

Best way to get to Baby Beach and stop at Charlies

We will be staying in the high rise hotel area. Renting a car is not an option for us. Can anyone tell me the most cost effective way to get to baby beach, from there stop at Charlie's, then back to our hotel? We aren't opposed to busses or taxis, but do not want to get stranded at baby beach either. Is Charlie's in an area where it is easy to get a taxi?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    if i were you, and renting a car is not an option.........hire a taxi driver for 3 hrs.
    it should be about $45 per hr
    baby beach and charlies and maybe a few other sites along the way and back!

I will check into that. My concern is that my husband cannot drive and I get very nervous driving when I don't know where I am. Do you have to go through the main city part to get to baby beach from the high rise area?
    We have been to Aruba once before and I know I can't do the drive from the airport through the city. We were there during Carnival weekend so it was really crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I will check into that. My concern is that my husband cannot drive and I get very nervous driving when I don't know where I am. Do you have to go through the main city part to get to baby beach from the high rise area?
    We have been to Aruba once before and I know I can't do the drive from the airport through the city. We were there during Carnival weekend so it was really crazy.
    Carnival weekend is the busiest weekend of the year downtown, you cannot really use that as a guide to traffic.

If you can handle possible bumper to bumper traffic driving through the center of downtown should not be too difficult. Your best bet is to leave early in the morning and wait to return to your resort mid afternoon after lunchtime.

We are early risers, so that would work for us. I deal with Washington DC traffic every day so really I should be okay, I just get nervous when I don't know exactly where to fo. Do you know if most rental cars have gps options that would help? Are there any maps or good driving directions that I could find? I've seen a few things on the threads but not as specific as I would hope. I know you ladies are the experts who can point me in the right direction. Thank you so much for your help :-)

Aruba since 1979
    check out this thread below
    Any car rentals include GPS?
    and note the borsch map

as far as i know no rental options have gps.

do u have a garmin that is updated?
    that should work.

the bumper to bumper traffic is typical usually from parliament to right before the bus station.

do what you and your pocketbook are comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We are early risers, so that would work for us. I deal with Washington DC traffic every day so really I should be okay, I just get nervous when I don't know exactly where to fo. Do you know if most rental cars have gps options that would help? Are there any maps or good driving directions that I could find? I've seen a few things on the threads but not as specific as I would hope. I know you ladies are the experts who can point me in the right direction. Thank you so much for your help :-)

Get the Venrut Garmin add on which includes points of interest and you will be fine. All the info can be found at www.aruba.com/forum/f38/garmin-gps-39641/#post199037

I created a page with driving directions in Aruba. Here is the link.

You'll see how to get to Baby Beach, the actual drive and then from Baby Beach to the Hollywood Smokehouse and Charlie's.

http://bentpage.wordpress.com/aruba-driving-directions/

Enjoy your visit.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

I made this drive when I was there last and it wasn't bad. The hardest part of the drive was actually making sure you take the correct turns to get to Baby Beach... I made a couple wrong turns but it wasn't hard to realize my mistakes and correct them. The traffic isn't anything like DC (I live in the area too). I tend to always drive wherever I go because I think it's a great way to see the area, but I understand about your hesitancy to drive.

Great video, Daniel! Shoud lead anyone to Baby Beach with no trouble.

Are you and Heather on the Island right now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast