Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is it better to rent a car or just take buses/taxis?

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuga30s View Post
    Ohhhh okay! Yes I heard the cab's to Baby Beach can run a bit expensive..yes we may rent a car one or two days. Only 19 miles long? Wow and you all are so happy when you are there...I love it! I think we will rent a car one or two days but I did reserve it for the whole week and it was only $175 (not too bad). Thank you Arubabob.
    That low cost and convenience is why we rent a car. 5 or 6 cab rides can equal or exceed the cost of the rental because even if the fare is only $8 you have to tip and get a cab back.Cab fare to baby beach or marina pirata or flying fishbone is over $40. BTW, Marriott is the resort farthest away from everything. It is the last resort north on palm beach, or at least is until the new Ritz Carlton opens. Enjoy your trip.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuga30s View Post
    Hello to All! Our (husband and I) first trip in Aruba will be in June 2013. I was wondering if we should take the airport transportation or rent a car? Is the gas there really expensive? Is it easy to get around and read the maps...I know this may be a silly question but is GPS available in Aruba?

Thank you in advance!
    When in June will you be there? We are there from 05/31 to 06/14.

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    We always rent a car. I take it back, on our first trip we didn't and found that we didn't much like waiting for taxis and / or taking a bus to get groceries. It is very cheap to rent the car. The cost compares very favorably with calling for a cab almost every day. We enjoy going wherever, whenever, so a car makes a lot of sense for us. Friends of ours who go for three weeks almost never do, but they are content to lay on the beach or by the pool every day. They also share a cab with another couple, so the cost is half.

Whatever you decide, you can't go wrong, because you are on Aruba.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12