Aruba Beach

Thread: budget car rental

budget car rental

hello eveyone, can anyone tell if budget is any good and how are the cars? in april we rented from american car rental and the car was in bad shape,anyone know if budget is better and price is better.
    thanks

Budget Car Rental

Anyone have feedback on budget rental cars

Arrow

We are scheduled to pickup a 4WD RAV-4 or similar a week from today from Budget so I'll post back with an update when we return.

We had previously used Thrifty (Suzuki Jimney) and Amigo (Jeep Wrangler) on separate visits and don't have any complaints about either of those companies . . .

Sorry, one small complaint (and it's a geeky complaint at that) about Amigo is that when you reserve on-line on their web site you have to give your credit card information on a non-secure web page (that is it isn't https) so your information is sent as clear text. There is the option to fax the information, which is what we did, but it is slightly inconvenient not being able to complete the reservation securely on-line. Other than that, no complaints about Amigo

In any case, we were looking for a mid-sized 4-door 4WD SUV this time and Budget had the best price.

We have had good experiences with Budget, Thrifty, and Hertz and a bad experience with a small company (Jansen) who no longer is in business. We are using Thrifty this year as I need something big enough for 5 including luggage and they had good prices and the right vehicle available- I really wanted to try Hans at Tropic but he has only smaller vehicles.

Our experience with Budget last week was a good one.

Our late model RAV4 was waiting when we got there (Sun 6/12) and was in good condition (some minor dings and scratches but the Budget gentleman did a walk around the vehicle before we took possession with me and we made notes of everything).

CLICK THE THUMBNAILED IMAGE TO SEE A LARGER VERSION

We drove just over 255 miles (415 kilometers) for the week (several round trips to San Nicolas/Baby Beach from Playa Linda, down the north shore trail to Alta Vista Chapel, out past the Grapefield to the wind farm a couple of times, etc.) which included a good deal of off-road and the RAV4 was a very comfortable ride (considerably more so than the Wrangler we used last trip with it's shorter wheelbase). We spent a total of $80 (140 florin) for gas for the week.

Returning the car (Sun 6/19) went just as smoothly - a quick inspection, gas check, and final paperwork and we were on our way in 10 minutes.

All in all, no problem with Budget
    Last edited by JohnG; 06-21-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks for the review of Budget. We're renting from them in 2 weeks and this is reassuring as it has been a few years since I used them.

Dom
    I have been renting cars from Budget for over 25 years, and I have never had any problems. Although most of the time I get cars that have quite a few miles on them, I have never had any mechanical issues with any of their cars. If you make your reservation on-line and use the Visit Aruba Card 10% discount, the Budget rental rates are very reasonable.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

We just got back from Aruba yesterday (I miss it already)...We rented a car from Ace and were pleased with them. They were waiting at the airport for us - took a shuttle (not even 5 minutes) to their place to pick up the car...did a quick inspection and we were off. When we returned the car we did another quick inspection, gas check, and they drove us back to the airport...maybe 10 minutes all said and done. The car was VERY basic, but was all we needed to get around. We used less than a tank of gas for the week and explored all over the island. When we made the reservation the price they quoted was about half of what their website showed and we had no problems with them honoring it. Great service.

Thanks for the info!

Prior attempt to rent from Thrifty did not go well. I'm trying Budget this time. Thanks for your report.