Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Budget Rental

Budget Rental

We are presently on our 9th trip to Aruba. We have rented from Budget at the Airport before and made a reservation for this trip back in October. After waiting in line for a bit we were quite surprised to find out that they had did not have a car for us because we were more than two hours past our stated arrival and did not have a replacement at the ready. Staff at the desk told us we needed to take it up with a supervisor who was coming from another site - we didn't wait and made other arrangments.

Word to the wise - if you are more than two hours past your stated time, you may not have a car. The customer service was lacking and I have not found this two hour policy on their website or their confirmation email. Not something you want to find out after traveling all day to get to paradise and we will be using a different provider for future needs.

Aruba since 1979
    Frustrating and annoying and poor business practice.

I hate hearing this kind of stuff. It leaves a very bad impression.

They most certainly could have righted the wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by kelmarino View Post
    We are presently on our 9th trip to Aruba. We have rented from Budget at the Airport before and made a reservation for this trip back in October. After waiting in line for a bit we were quite surprised to find out that they had did not have a car for us because we were more than two hours past our stated arrival and did not have a replacement at the ready. Staff at the desk told us we needed to take it up with a supervisor who was coming from another site - we didn't wait and made other arrangments.

Word to the wise - if you are more than two hours past your stated time, you may not have a car. The customer service was lacking and I have not found this two hour policy on their website or their confirmation email. Not something you want to find out after traveling all day to get to paradise and we will be using a different provider for future needs.

What a horrible way to be welcomed...... Put it behind you now and enjoy your stay.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thank you for your warning!

We have...and are having a great trip. Nothing like this place.

Ugh. We had a similar problem with Avis a few years ago - and I had pre-paid the rental. Our flight was getting in after 9 p.m. and I phoned both corporate and the local office to ensure that they'd be open at the airport. Both assured me they'd be open until 10 p.m.

Naturally, they weren't there.

It was a mad panic as it was only our second time on the island and we didn't know which way was up. Luckily, Hertz came to the rescue and we've used them ever since - yes, they're more expensive but they're dependable, the cars are in good condition and the service is professional - and they're there when there's an issue. I've used Hertz all over the world and never experienced a problem.

I had to berate Avis for months to get them to cough up for the differential of having to rent from Hertz at the last minute. "We can't see what the second sentence says in your Hertz rental disclaimer in the scan and fax you sent over..." Never again.

I think Budget acquired or merged with Avis shortly after that incident. Sounds like they've all landed on the same poor service model.

Quote Originally Posted by kelmarino View Post
    We have...and are having a great trip. Nothing like this place.
    So happy to hear you were able to put it behind you! Thanks for the warning! I can't imagine the scene I may have made after traveling with two little ones and having no car!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We dropped Budget years ago for Optima/Payless. The year our flight was late, we were greeted at the airport at midnight by a happy couple waiting to take us to our rental car (offsite from the airport). Great service.

We like to give the local people the business and have used Wheels2Go the last five times. Ricky and Anky have always done right by us.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Glad the bad start did not slow you down any, enjoy the trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast