Aruba Beach
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bully the taxi driver

Quote Originally Posted by nebraskann View Post
    Who is Bully?
    He is a taxi driver. His "real" name is Amador Lacle.
    He is like a huge teddy bear.
    Family man, native Aruban, dependable, knowledgable, courteous and kind.

Is he a taxi driver or does he have his own fleet called "Bully"?
    He is "only" one man, but sends out his relatives who are also taxi drivers, when he is unable to be at two places at one time. OR when a customer requests a ride and has more than the legally allowable maximum of 5 passengers.
    How can you request him?
    Email him

What makes him special...
    He is like a huge teddy bear.
    Family man, native Aruban, dependable, knowledgable, courteous and kind.
    does he do island tours?
    Yes, he does island tours. By law, taxis are $40 per hour for tours with a maximum of 5 passengers. He will tailor a tour any way you like.
    Thanks...I'm trying to decide whether to rent a car or just use taxis and the bus system. Any advice? 30 days and counting.........
    Personal preference, many different opinions. The bus may not go to all of the places you wish to go.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/car%20rental%20vs.%20bus.html

Also see Serry Tours Taxi and Private Island

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Bully is great!
    I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND HIM IF HE WASN'T....no offence to anyone else....we have our preference...

Have Bully pick you up at the airport and give you a 2 hr tour of the island. He's great because he's gonna tell you the ins and outs of how the island works, and what to expect. Also, he'll take you and show you a few things that you would never find on your own. I just got back yesterday. A rental car is the way to go, but you'll want to rent a jeep for a full day or maybe two. You CANNOT skip out on going down the dirt roads of the northern coast! And not just to the natural pool. Get some bottled waters and food and spend a day just riding and stopping in cool looking places along the northern coast! And yes, you will need and use the 4x4 function! Other than that, I'd just rent a car. You can get a car for 60% less than a jeep. I rented one from Budget and found the one and only person on that island who is a complete . The girl who runs the little hut rental stand across fromt he Hyatt was completely rude and out of line for no appearant reason. So much so that I almost threw her the keys and went elsewhere with my business, but it was the only unrented jeep I could find.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-03-2009 at 01:26 AM.

Smile Bully is great

After reading about Bully in this forum, we decided to arrange with Bully in advance to pick us up at the airport since our flight was getting in after 10 p.m. He was there waiting for us with a sign with our name on it. We used him again and again during our 4 week stay. We also called upon him when we (unfortunately) needed to make it to the airport by 6 a.m. on our departure day. He was totally reliable and professional as well as friendly. One time he picked us up at the dentist, drove us to the local pharmacy where he waited for us fill a prescription, and then returned us to our resort and he didn't charge us anything extra.

Bully is the man !

Quote Originally Posted by jbrid23456 View Post
    One time he picked us up at the dentist, drove us to the local pharmacy where he waited for us fill a prescription, and then returned us to our resort and he didn't charge us anything extra.
    Bully gave us the same treatment when we went grocery shopping at Ling and Sons. He's the best.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

How far in advance of out arrival do you think we should notice bully???/

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

I would email him. I think i lined him up at least 2 months before I left. He is very popular so it cant hurt to get to him asap!

He responds daily to emails.
    Decided to take down my timer!

Yes, I would email him when you have your dates lined up. I know someone last week who wanted a pickup next month and he was already booked. He will send one of his kind relatives in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    How far in advance of out arrival do you think we should notice bully???/
    ASAP...he gets booked up fast, though, he does have relatives who also work with him who are also great...replys quickly...

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast