Aruba Beach
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Bully the taxi driver

Just a quick question... Do people use Bully because he is dependable or because he is cheaper. I know this is probably a dumb question... but just curious. Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    he is no cheaper....taxi fares are dictated by the govt.
    the reason many love bully is because he is
    KIND
    DEPENDABLE
    KIND
    ACCOMMODATING
    KIND
    KNOWLEDGEABLE
    and did i say a KIND, lovely, huggable wonderful gentleman.

and if you ever meet his wife and son, you would want them to be friends or part of your family.

his son kevin, has captured my heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by FranRussell View Post
    Just a quick question... Do people use Bully because he is dependable or because he is cheaper. I know this is probably a dumb question... but just curious. Thanks

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by FranRussell View Post
    He is kind, considerate, on time, and an overall great guy....
    Life is better in flip flops

[/
    url]

Last year we had Bully picking us up to go back to the airport. He apparently picked another party up about an hour before we were scheduled to go. He told the Bell Captain to tell us not to worry, if he couldn't make it back for us (as he had a pick-up also) someone would be there for us. We walked up to the lobby and the Bell Captain came right over to us and said - I have a message from Bully. We were so impressed that he took the time to make sure we knew it might not be him, but he would take care of us. He is a gentle man in every sense of the word. We are looking forward to seeing him in March. Maybe we better stop telling everyone how great he is though - we might not be able to book him when we need him

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    Maybe we better stop telling everyone how great he is though - we might not be able to book him when we need him
    I always have him "pencil us in" for our dates of travel and then "book" him when we have our flights booked with the flight information.

Another reason why we chose to use him originally was to have someone greet us at the airport. It was our daughter's first trip to Aruba to celebrate her adoption and we wanted it to be special.

We have continued to use him for all of our trips to the island. Now when we arrive at the airport and depart Customs, there is no more sign with our name on it, just a friend waiting with a huge smile and bear hug. Makes our arrival at our "home away from home" that more special.

I didn't tell my boyfriend the first year I booked Bully. He was so surprised when we came out of baggage and, although it wasn't Bully but I think his brother-in law, standing there holding a sign with our names on it. He just looked me like - huh? He was quite impressed that I had done that! And it was all thanks to all of you! I have learned so many tips from this Forum!!

Thanks everyone for your comments. I didn't think he was cheaper because I was pretty sure the rates were standard.

Taxi Driver

Is there another recommended taxi driver? Bully won't be able to pick us up and he don't have another one to recommend.

Aruba since 1979
    if Bully could not recommend his BIL Hubert, then i recommend taking the first available taxi (airport?) in the line.
    Make sure before getting in you ask if they have the govt mandated fares posted.

If the driver does not follow the gov't fares, get in the next taxi that does follow the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by mambrosio View Post
    Is there another recommended taxi driver? Bully won't be able to pick us up and he don't have another one to recommend.

I am sure you are going to get a whole bunch of responses, April in Aruba, but here is my take on Bully visa vie your comments.

Bully is a wonderful person and dependable taxi driver, as our many on the island. However, aside from his pleasant personality the reason we like Bully because of is his incredible dependability(and I am sure many others too) . By that I mean, that if I make a reservation then I know Bully OR SOMEONE will be there to pick me up. Bully and his "group" are all cut from the same cloth as Bully, if you know what I mean? If Bully can't come then I don't mind if Hubert, Ivan, Tito or whomever comes as long as someone is there.

On occasion when I just thought I would just grab a taxi instead of calling Bully, I have waited and waited. That happened to us this year. Bully picked up some of our friends at the port and brought them to spend the day with us. Well, we decided to just grab a taxi for them when they want to leave as we weren't sure of their departure time. Big mistake as we waited almost 20 minutes for a taxi and with the afternoon traffic we were concerned they were going to be late.

Bully...

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast