Aruba Beach
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Bully the taxi driver

April in Aruba,

I understand what you are saying, but also as Randi says, we think Bully is the best, for so many reasons, when we arrive, ( or before ) we just give him a list of where and when, and no worries , he is always there to get us coming and going, and after a long day in the sun, its nice to know that not only do u have a resturant reservation, but you got a very special trusting someone taking and picking you up. We go no other way...

I understand too what you are saying April, I am thrilled you have had excellent experiences with other taxi drivers.

Before we began using Bully in '06 and one year since when we were on the island while he was away on vacation, we had some REAL issues with taxi drivers overcharging us. If it was one or two times, we could just "chalk it up", but it was 8 out of 10 that I count off the top of my head. My parents had the same experience when on a cruise ship stop.

Aruba since 1979
    i do know that a couple of years ago when lisa and family were on aruba, she sent me a message almost every day.
    one of the things in the daily message was that the taxis they had ridden in or almost ridden in were not using the gov't mandated fares.
    in fact, it became almost comical as each message to me, was something like "oh wow another one tried to charge more"

she took her own advice and asked to see the fare charts.

the drivers are supposed to have the rate chart/card posted.

also too, you do your own research, lisa does hers, i do mine, but we are seasoned and experienced travelers. think of all of the people going to thousands of places that do not put in one minute of research. those are the people that the unscrupulous prey upon.

as of this post if we want to discuss taxi fares please create a new thread. we are now off topic.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-08-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    Internet Trolls
    A commentary that may be suitable for every category here, but i will post it in this category.

There are folks out there, that are into cyber bullying.
    Mean comments, folks that go on just to disrupt and cause havoc.

Please if you see disturbing posts, hit the red REPORT button.
    Cyber bullying is unacceptable and not tolerated here.

If you reply and get into a conversation with a troll.....YOU LOSE.
    The way to be a winner is to not respond to a troll. The only way a troll wins is when he/she is fed. Do not feed the trolls.

Hit the report button!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I understand too what you are saying April, I am thrilled you have had excellent experiences with other taxi drivers.

Before we began using Bully in '06 and one year since when we were on the island while he was away on vacation, we had some REAL issues with taxi drivers overcharging us. If it was one or two times, we could just "chalk it up", but it was 8 out of 10 that I count off the top of my head. My parents had the same experience when on a cruise ship stop.
    To refresh everyone's memories, including mine, I dug up what I did not have the time to do last night. I forgot the math , it was 6 out of 8 drivers.
    April in Aruba has already discussed this exact issue in 03-07-2010 in the thread at Bully..One of 90,000 friends I haven't met yet
    Obviously the subject of Bully is important to he or she.

Being truthful, is more important to me than volunteering as a moderator.
    The forum is about sharing information about Aruba.

If anyone should find fault with my being a moderator, I will gladly step down from a position to which I dedicate a good amount of time.

I am not disparaging the integrity and honesty of all Aruban taxi drivers. There are many other taxi drivers here who are discussed and reliable, of the top of my head, Cerry, Sonny Binns, Ivan, Harold, Hubert...

Now everyone on the forum has learned to always know the fare BEFORE stepping foot into the taxi.

LISA AND ANDREA, your comments are right on!!

With respect to taxi pricing, where I find you get the variation is the extra charges for some of the hidden costs like use of the trunk. My son took a taxi at night from the Westin hotel and dropped off a friend at the Hyatt on his way to the SC. The taxi driver charged $6 twice as apparently because he drove up the entrance of the Hyatt it was considered 2 separate trips.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    hey all!

i am creating a taxi fare thread and that thread will start off with a link to the fares.
    as we have said it is imperative for all that use taxis is to make sure that the driver is using the government mandated fares.

the government fares are necessary for everyone's protection.

so, all that has transpired on this thread yesterday and today.........now all fare talk should be in the fares thread.

thanks!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    LISA AND ANDREA, your comments are right on!!

With respect to taxi pricing, where I find you get the variation is the extra charges for some of the hidden costs like use of the trunk. My son took a taxi at night from the Westin hotel and dropped off a friend at the Hyatt on his way to the SC. The taxi driver charged $6 twice as apparently because he drove up the entrance of the Hyatt it was considered 2 separate trips.
    Thanks. Randi, it is $2 to use the trunk if not coming from the airport.

$2 per piece of luggage from hotel to hotel.

Source

1. Eagle Beach 2. Baby Beach 3. Natural Pool
    As for Bully, I am currently in Aruba for the first time and used Bully to pick us up at the airport on Sunday. He was everything I expected after reading so many positive remarks about him. He gave us many tips about driving on the island since we were going to rent a car, places to see, and places to eat. He also told us how to get back to the airport on Sunday to avoid the parade.
    He was just a treat to deal with and for that reason alone he will have my business each and every time I need a taxi in Aruba. (I already say we will be back)

Thanks to all who have recommended him!

Robin

Tks Andrea,
    Unfortunately Bully will be out on vacation during my stay. I guess that even the one's that live in paradise need some vacations..

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    if Bully could not recommend his BIL Hubert, then i recommend taking the first available taxi (airport?) in the line.
    Make sure before getting in you ask if they have the govt mandated fares posted.

If the driver does not follow the gov't fares, get in the next taxi that does follow the rules.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast