Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Bully the taxi driver

The Beach and love the Aruba Blue Melody and Black Pearl
    You can't go wrong with Bully. We have already booked our March 2012 pick up. Nothing beats the smiling face along with your name on a sign held high as you leave the airport terminal.

We arranged to have Bully pick us up and return us to the airport when we made our airline reservations.

A week before we confirmed with a follow up email including a list of pickups we would need for dinners and an excursion. Nothing, other than the airport, was further than Palm beach to Oranjestad so we had a standard 15 minute prior to our reservation pick up time.

On one occasion this past trip he was running just a few minutes late. We were sitting outside the Radisson's lobby waiting, knowing that he WOULD be there, when all of a sudden the bellman came to us to say that Bully had just called him and asked to relay the message that he would be there momentarily.

Aruba since 1979
    imagine how wonderful the world would be if there were a billion Bullys?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    We arranged to have Bully pick us up and return us to the airport when we made our airline reservations.

A week before we confirmed with a follow up email including a list of pickups we would need for dinners and an excursion. Nothing, other than the airport, was further than Palm beach to Oranjestad so we had a standard 15 minute prior to our reservation pick up time.

On one occasion this past trip he was running just a few minutes late. We were sitting outside the Radisson's lobby waiting, knowing that he WOULD be there, when all of a sudden the bellman came to us to say that Bully had just called him and asked to relay the message that he would be there momentarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    imagine how wonderful the world would be if there were a billion Bullys?
    That's a nice thought. We will have a car next week but I did contact Bully about taking my DD and SIL back to the airport as their flight is early in the morning. Sent him an email last night and his response and confirmation was in my email when I woke up. Looking forward to meeting him.

When we arrived on 7/3, Bully was waiting for us with a name-sign, at the front door of the airport. As we were driving into town, near the Ren, he turned up the radio and we heard the local DJ "announce" our arrival on the island on the radio! He said our name and told how long we were staying and where we were staying and welcomed us back to Aruba! As we drove past the station, we rolled down the windows and waved. The DJ then "spoke" to us over the airwaves again.
    Bully is just a great guy, honest ,dependable and full of fun. I will drop him a line today, reminding him to pick us up at CDM on Saturday, for the return trip.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

Aruba since 1979
    now that is pretty cool walt!
    your trip to aruba is flying by!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    now that is pretty cool walt!

dogwriter, that was so cool, bully is the best

andrea, if a million bully's, we here would keep him very busy

lisa, we had the same situation with bully, the bellman came out and told us he was running a few minutes late, and boom 2 mins. later he was there, and we still had time to spare, when we got to our reservation

Bully immediately confirmed our return trip. And yes, our two weeks have flown.(As usual).
    We really loved splitting between the Occidental and CDM. Two beaches, two different kinds of vacation, makes it feel like two trips in one. Well, still more to enjoy!
    Ayo!
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

How do i go about setting something up with bully? id love to get his tansportation to and from the airport.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast