Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Bully the taxi driver

Bully picked us up at the airport and brought us back at the end of our trip. In between he took us on tour of the island. We saw things we never would have seen on a group tour. Plus, his van was air conditioned, and he stopped whenever we wanted to take pictures & video. Out by Natural Bridge we saw a group in open jeeps. It was the middle of the day and boy it was HOT! We were SO glad to be in the A/C! He also picked us up at Madame Janette's after dinner, and brought us to McDonald's on the way back to the resort to get something for my son, who didn't like anything at Madame Janette's. Bully made us feel welcome and made our trip so much better!

Aruba since 1979
    Bully makes you feel like part of the Aruban family!

Having Bully pick us up in a couple of weeks. Very good with communication. Can't wait to see him at the airport.

Druif Beach, Divi Divi AI, Red Sail Sports, Black Pearl
    I heard great things so I emailed Bully as suggested. He politely sent courteous email reply apologizing that he was booked for our arrival time (....should have guessed, seems he extended family to so many that visit, which is nice) and that he could not refer me to anyone for that time either. Guess I'll just remain outside of the Bully circle this go around. I'm jealous : )

Druif Beach, Divi Divi AI, Red Sail Sports, Black Pearl
    While on topic, I gather it's a matter of just getting the next taxi in queue at the airport, assuming it will fit 4 adults?? If not, do share how it's done the Aruba way... : )

There will be taxis lined up when you exit the terminal.

I do suggest though knowing the fare as set by the government before stepping into the taxi and having the driver confirm that that is the price which you will be charged.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/sigma/Aruba_Taxi_Fares.pdf
    here is the list of fares!
    click link
    QUOTE=jabooty;209441]While on topic, I gather it's a matter of just getting the next taxi in queue at the airport, assuming it will fit 4 adults?? If not, do share how it's done the Aruba way... : )[/QUOTE]

We just got home after 4 weeks in Aruba. We had used Bully on our previous trip so we contacted him via email prior to our arrival there. He is not only reliable but also a friendly human being. We were shifting back and forth between time share resorts week by week and he transported us each time, showing up exactly when we needed him. When he was transporting us to the airport last Sunday, he was on his cell phone and then he asked us to listen to the car radio. The disk jockey on the radio started to speak about my family by name and thanking us for coming to Aruba for 4 weeks and that our 90,000 friends would be looking forward to our return. Well, we look forward to our return as well.

Amazing Guy! He did the same for us in July as we arrived. Really knows how to say Bon Bini!
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

Just got my confirmation from Bully that he'll be there waiting for me in October! So glad I found this site there's so much good info here even for a "veteran" of the island.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast