Aruba Beach

Thread: Bus

Bus

Is this information correct? You can get a bus from the Tamarijn about every 20 minutes they come? And the price is $2.30 round trip? You can hit the public beaches, grocery store, down town?

You can walk very easily to the grocery store from the Tamarijn.

The bus will not go to all of the public beaches. For example it does not go to Baby Beach. I do not believe it goes to Rodgers Beach either.

For a pubic beach bus ride, I would say to go the opposite direction of town, Arashi, Malmok, Boca Catalina.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    There is a bus stop across the street from the Tamarijn lobby area. We used it quite a bit to get around. And it is a short walk to the grocery store.

So from the Marriott we can take the bus a few miles north to the beaches where we could snorkel (boca catalina etc) is that correct?
    And then if we do what is the policy coming back? Would we need to leave towels and clothes on the beach (and hope they do not get stolen) and dry and change before we catch the bus back to the resort?
    Curacao spring break trip in

Christmas in Aruba in

Aruba since 1979
    Yes indeed you can get there by bus

i do not know the official policy for clothing on the bus, but i would guess "etiquette policy" would disallow riding in dripping wet bathing suits.
    My husband and i have left our towels and sandals on the beach there at catalina cove many many times with no incidents.

IMO, I would just throw on a tee shirt and shorts over your suit and sit on the towel on the bus.

ENJOY
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_and_Aaron View Post
    So from the Marriott we can take the bus a few miles north to the beaches where we could snorkel (boca catalina etc) is that correct?
    And then if we do what is the policy coming back? Would we need to leave towels and clothes on the beach (and hope they do not get stolen) and dry and change before we catch the bus back to the resort?

lol i didn't realize until just now rereading my post that it sounded like i was going to get on the bus dripping wet and fresh out of the ocean.
    i only meant if we wore coverups and were "mostly dry" would that be acceptable or would we need to find a place to store actual proper clothes and change before we went back. you answered my question though so i know we will be fine.
    thanks for the info

Christmas in Aruba in

Oh one more question, I am assuming that the bus takes us dollars is that correct? and do i need change or will they provide change?
    thanks again!

Christmas in Aruba in

It's always best to have exact change, cover-ups are cool, or tee's, you are on, one Happy Island!