Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bus from the airport?

Bus from the airport?

Hi,

We're staying at the Marriott Surf Club.

Do busses run from the airport downtown, or even better, to the beach hotels?

Thanks!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Depalm has busses that bring arrivals to the hotels. Don't know if you used a travel agent but if you did get transfers from them.

Aruba since 1979
    from what i understand there are PUBLIC buses that run near the airport

that being said, they do not drive onto the airport property, make the loop do pick ups/drop offs and back out to the main road.

so if one were going to take the bus from the airport to downtown, one would have to haul themself and their luggage across the airport parking lot and out to the main drag to the bus stop.

not ideal.

there are private "shuttle buses" that are well used and very popular with the tourists

I wouldent do the bus with baggage, I was told its like 25bucks to go from the airport to marriot in a taxi. That might be the way to go.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    From the airport, transportation to your hotel is $20.40 per person with De Palm Tours. If you are 2 people that's $40.80. It will be less expensive to take a taxi to the Marriott as taxi fares are per taxi, not per person. Plus a taxi will be much faster, as with the bus you will have to wait while the drive loads up everyones luggage and you would have to stop on the way to drop-off at the hotels before your stop. Taxis do charge an extra $3.00 per taxi (not per person) on Sundays and Aruban holidays.

Welcome, Scroll down this same page to Bully, he is the best taxi server on the island, all taxi's cost the same,(set by government) there are like 10 pages of referrals, & I'll bet you do not find 1 unhappy camper! taxi's can only carry 5 people at a time, he has vans,(uncles,brothers,cousins also have them) btw 2 people is the same cost as 5.

Banned
    I tried a couple years ago to get on the public bus to go downtown with luggage. The driver would not let me on with the luggage.

For your convinience, piece of mind, and enjoy the beginning of your vacation, I would just get a taxi cab, especially Bully or any of is relatives, but again taxi are all the same price.

Wow, thanks!

This is a great forum. You all are so helpful. There will be at least 6 of us, so I hope we can split a van/taxi.

Again, glad to find you all.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beachpoker View Post
    This is a great forum. You all are so helpful. There will be at least 6 of us, so I hope we can split a van/taxi.

Again, glad to find you all.
    By law, the maximum amount of people in a taxi is 5 persons maximum even if it a van. You will need 2 taxies which still would be less money than taking bus shuttle transportation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast