Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bus route & stops question

Bus route & stops question

I am staying at the Tam, and I was wondering if the bus would take us from here to the Rennaisance (sp?) mall? I've been trying to locate a map with a bus route, but, the Tam doesn't have one for some reason, and the map we bought doesn't either!!

Yes, the bus will get you there. There is a bus station in Oranjestad and it will be a short walk from there to the Mall.
    http://www.arubus.com/

The bus stop is only about 20 yards from the Tam's front door

...and if I may add a little something here.
    If it's your first time on the island, you may encounter the "official/unofficial" buses that are out and about. What I mean by that is, quite often while standing at a bus stop, a mysterious looking van may pull up and offer you a ride. Don't be alarmed, it's okay, this is one of the "other" buses on the island, and yes, they are registered and safe to get into, and often more convenient and more frequent than the regular Arubus. Same price too...

Have a wonderful time in paradise.

Mr. Ratt
    www.heyoka-healing.com
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

I'm having a hard time reading these bus schedules, especially since there are 4 Marriott's on the island so I don't know what they're referencing.
    Can someone tell me, is it possible to get a bus in front of the Surf Club/Ocean Club that goes to Arashi/Malmok/Boca Catalina beaches? If so, how long is that ride? Does it make more sense to take the bus in the mornings to go snorkeling there or just spend the $40 a day on a car and drive ourselves?
    Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    i have been told that those "unofficial busses" are not licensed nor registered.
    maybe bully or serry could give us their insight on the "unofficial busses".
    i would be real leery getting into a van with strangers.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    ...and if I may add a little something here.
    If it's your first time on the island, you may encounter the "official/unofficial" buses that are out and about. What I mean by that is, quite often while standing at a bus stop, a mysterious looking van may pull up and offer you a ride. Don't be alarmed, it's okay, this is one of the "other" buses on the island, and yes, they are registered and safe to get into, and often more convenient and more frequent than the regular Arubus. Same price too...

Have a wonderful time in paradise.

Mr. Ratt
    www.heyoka-healing.com

Hi:

In addition to what Andrea said, I would also be leery of those other buses/vans; they also may not have insurance.

Just for your information.

If you happen to meet people who are going to town as well you are, you can join them and take a Taxi, the trip to town ( Ren. Mall) is ONLY $ 8.00 per Taxi per ride.
    $8.00 : 4 prs = $2.00 per person which is practically the same that you would be paying for the bus.
    Again just for you information
    Cyrilo Croes aka "Serry",Taxi service and private Island Tours

Hi MEGAN8607, if you want to take the bus to downtown the bus stop is about 20 yards on your right hand of the entrance of the Tamaryn. I recomend every body who wants to ride in the bus to use the big bus from ARUBUS, nothing against the smal buses, they are licensed, they are registered, they have insurance, and the same price like the big ones but not all of those smal buses are aloud to ride in the hotel area. enjoy your bus ride to town.

Bus Stops

Does anyone know if there is a map showing the bus stops between Palm Beach and town. I have taken the bus into town and that is easy but it seems a bit confusing to know where to get off for the restaurants by Eagle Beach. Especially at night.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast