Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bus route & stops question

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    dirtbound..........if you already know where you need to be getting off the bus. please tell us so maybe we can give you an exact landmark.
    Digging for information for someone else today, 'lo and behold I came upon this little tiny tidbit which in turn made me think of this thread

Back then, Aruba had mostly sand or dirt roads

"Arubans would say to each other, "Take a right at Tante Ingrid's house. You know, the pink house with the red roof and go down the road 'til you get to the green house and make a left." In town (Oranjestad), where there were sometimes signs on the side of a building or in front or not, it was just a matter of answering a visitor "just tell me where you want to go." Ah yes, a left at that shoe store and a right at the bank."

bus route info

is there bus route info with stops and times ?

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Sorry, cannot help with that.

I always rent a smaller car. They are not too expensive. For a week it's about $200. I love to be independent and go anywhere at any time. Waiting for a bus in the heat can be tough. JMO.

Go to Arubus' website (http://www.arubus.com/) to see the schedules. You probably want to look at Line 10.

Ok iay, I feel stupid for asking this but I'm still going for it. Last trip we took a bus from the downtown terminal to the Divi. We enjoyed it because we had a little time to relax and see a little bit of the island. Of course, we missed our stop and ended up going through the high rise and back, but we figured what the heck a little tour. Now the question -- When catching the bus across from the Alahambra to go downtown, a small van pulled up and we asked if. we could go downtown. They said sure but everyone in the van giggled a little and while they were chatting the only thing I understood was "tourist" and sorry. I figured it may have been a van service for locals? In any event everyone was really gracious, and I kind of enjoyed all the giggling.

That's the small bus that I mentioned at the beginning of this thread...I think it's the fourth posting down. I've always had a wonderful experience on them, (at least) one of the drivers, a fellow called Doctor Bob, is a real joy to ride with. Seriously.... a very cool guy.

The big buses aren't infrequent, just not as frequent or "native" as the little ones.
    A real taste of the people, if I may, and a great way to get some local advice on different things. As many of us have learned, you put forth the effort to learn and become part of the island and it often pays off in spades.

Oooo, 6 1/2 weeks 'til paradise/homecoming.... can't wait for that plane ride.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Aruba since 1979
    are those "little buses/vans" legit or are they just a few folks that are looking to pick up some extra money by taking away from taxis? busses?

Quote Originally Posted by taxidriver View Post
    Hi MEGAN8607, if you want to take the bus to downtown the bus stop is about 20 yards on your right hand of the entrance of the Tamaryn. I recommend every body who wants to ride in the bus to use the big bus from ARUBUS, nothing against the small buses, they are licensed, they are registered, they have insurance, and the same price like the big ones but not all of those small buses are aloud to ride in the hotel area. enjoy your bus ride to town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    are those "little buses/vans" legit or are they just a few folks that are looking to pick up some extra money by taking away from taxis? busses?

Oh, they're the real deal, they're legit... they do have certification and the okay from the bus lines. My wife is one who doesn't believe in taking any manner of unnecessary chance, so she did the research and will and does ask for some manner of ID, and they always produce.
    Good enough for me.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Mr. Ratt thanks so much for the update. Somehow, I missed that earlier post. I have to admit I felt somewhat sheepish at first, especially when I couldn't figure out how to maneuver that end seat to fold up or down to let people out, but everyone was very helpful. Also, they let us off downtown right near the shops we were interested in.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast