Aruba Beach

Thread: buses

buses

So we have been to Aruba several times and always rented a car except one time while staying downtown. Our resort is La Cabana and thought we would maybe take a cab to the resort , then use the bus system to get downtown , up to the high rise area , etc Maybe rent a car one day to go over towards baby beach, lighthouse , etc. Anyway can anyone give us a few tips - can I pay in us dollar ? where it the closest pick up / deliver from La Cabana ? Is there a close stop to Ling & Sons ? ( take a cab back ) , How about if we want to go to the Balashi tour , is it worth traveling by bus ? Out to San Nicholas ? Sorry for all the questions but this will be our first time and if I am going to rent a car then I need to do it now as Tropic is already booked my week - thanks !

Aruba since 1979
    my comments in red

Quote Originally Posted by billtkat View Post
    So we have been to Aruba several times and always rented a car except one time while staying downtown. Our resort is La Cabana and thought we would maybe take a cab to the resort , then use the bus system to get downtown , up to the high rise area , etc Maybe rent a car one day to go over towards baby beach, lighthouse , etc. Anyway can anyone give us a few tips - can I pay in us dollar ?yes you can pay for busses and cabs in US $$ where it the closest pick up / deliver from La Cabana ? the bus stop near lacabana is in front of the Amsterdam Manor and across from the amsterdam manor beach bar, the place to catch a cab at LINGS is right there nest to the shopping cart corralIs there a close stop to Ling & Sons ? ( take a cab back ) , How about if we want to go to the Balashi tour , is it worth traveling by bus ? Out to San Nicholas ? i would use a rental car for those 2 ventures. make sure that you have the proper attire for the balashi tour (i think sandals are not allowed, sleeveless shirts not allowed...make sure you check with them. never be sorry for questions here....that is what we are here for. Sorry for all the questions but this will be our first time and if I am going to rent a car then I need to do it now as Tropic is already booked my week - thanks !

Thanks for the quick note back. Looks like we may try to us the bus system to get up and down the coast and to catch dinner - Can you or someone tell me is it just like any other bus where you pull the rope to need a stop or do they stop at each one regardless? Also do they go right down through town on the road close to the water or the street behind the Ren? Is there only one bus company or more than one I need to watch for? I would assume all stop at the main terminal as you enter town coming from the hotels , right ?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.arubus.com/
    here is the site for aruba bus.
    i have only been on the bus a few times but i do not remember if there is a rope to pull.......i think not. when you get onto the bus, tell the driver where you want to get off.

i cannot tell you of their route thru the downtown.
    there is only one public bus company.

Quote Originally Posted by billtkat View Post
    Thanks for the quick note back. Looks like we may try to us the bus system to get up and down the coast and to catch dinner - Can you or someone tell me is it just like any other bus where you pull the rope to need a stop or do they stop at each one regardless? Also do they go right down through town on the road close to the water or the street behind the Ren? Is there only one bus company or more than one I need to watch for? I would assume all stop at the main terminal as you enter town coming from the hotels , right ?

The only time I used the bus was on my first trip to Aruba 5 years ago. We went downtown, and the bus pulled into a bus station depot type of parking lot. It did not travel the streets of downtown. That's were everyone got off. When we were done walking around downtown, we went back to the same depot station to take the bus back to our resort.

No rope to pull for the stop-bell, you have to press the little button on the hand rails all through the bus, or you can just tell (as suggested) the driver where you want to go and he'll alert you.

64 days and counting, hopefully not 64 more days of snow though.
    This is getting monotonous...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com