Aruba Beach

Thread: Cab Fares

Cab Fares

I have been reading the Aruba Fare sheet but there are a few places i cannot determine what the cab fare would be. Im going to post them here in hope's that someone can help me figure the cab fares, Cash is gonna be tight so thats why im trying to calculate as close as possible:

Starting Point would be Divi VIllage

Here are my destinations:

1. Downtown Shopping area(i guess near cruise terminals etc ).
    2. Driftwood
    3. Gostoso
    4. Gasparitos
    5. Smokey Joes Island Grill
    6. Amadeus
    7. Linda's dutch pancake
    8. Madam JEnettes

Thats my list , help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Ill also mention that if you know a better way of getting to these places from Divi VIllage i dont mind a little walking or the bus but still let me know the cab fare estimate for each (i want to see if my numbers are right).

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/sigma/Aruba_Taxi_Fares.pdf

#1 and 2 on your list, you could take the bus if you wanted for a couple of dollars and change r/t. Taxi... for #1 and 2 on the chart you use as your beginning LO RISE HOTELS and drop off as OStaad/downtown.

Smokey Joes.......also by bus, take from out in front of Divi Village bus stop to the hi rise area.

read the pdf link i put in and it is very detailed.

you are LO RISE as your starting point.

some one way fares:
    Divi Village to Madam Janette $9
    Driftwood $9
    Amadeus $10
    Lindas $10

not including TIPS or sunday or holiday up charge of a few dollars.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-09-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Thanks !! Driftwood and Gostoso were the two i thought would be $14 each way but now that i know what im looking at and with your information i know its $9 each way !! thats $10 off my budget for each of those
    Should i print this PDF and bring with me as a reference you think or will i be given something like this at airport?

Also the bust stop right in front of divi village i assume it will be easy to find and i can always ask hotel where is the bus to go up the beach right?
    Thanks again

Aruba since 1979
    i do not know Gostoso at all.
    Driftwood is 2 blocks back behind renaissance marina hotel and would be a 5- 8 minute walk from the bus station. if you are looking to save $$ take the bus to downtown restaurants!!!

sure print it.
    the taxi drivers are required to have a copy in their vehicle.

i cannot be exact as to where the bus stop is at divi village.
    suffice it to say, it is real close......within a 100 yds of the main entrance.

the divi concierge will be very helpful in directing you to where you need to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtwcarboy View Post
    Thanks !! Driftwood and Gostoso were the two i thought would be $14 each way but now that i know what im looking at and with your information i know its $9 each way !! thats $10 off my budget for each of those
    Should i print this PDF and bring with me as a reference you think or will i be given something like this at airport?

Also the bust stop right in front of divi village i assume it will be easy to find and i can always ask hotel where is the bus to go up the beach right?
    Thanks again

Hi Andrea & Jtwcarboy ..... from the low-rise to El Caucho and Gostoso restaurant is $10, but you can also you the bus to down town and then walk to those restaurant.

Aruba since 1979
    Thanks Bully

pls give lisa and fam a hug from me today.
    Quote Originally Posted by taxidriver View Post
    Hi Andrea & Jtwcarboy ..... from the low-rise to El Caucho and Gostoso restaurant is $10, but you can also you the bus to down town and then walk to those restaurant.

does this pdf include Caribbean Palm Village resort?

I am thiking I would just look at the fares charged for Noord......

Aruba since 1979
    I would use st ann (Santa Anna) if no Noord option.

Bully , thanks for the info, I actually have you picking me up from the airport on July 22nd and bring me back on the 29th, so we will probably just give you a call and have you take us to dinner each evening (of course if your not booked)!!!!

See you in a few weeks