Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: cabs & busses to beaches & attractions?

Question cabs & busses to beaches & attractions?

While I'm considering renting a car, I'm curious about the possibility of taking a cab or bus to various attractions such as Baby Beach, the Donkey Sanctuary, etc.

Particularly when considering various beaches and not knowing how long we might stay, does it make sense (and is it possible) to take a taxi or bus to Baby Beach, and then "grab one" for the ride back to the hotel (Radisson). Or, do we really need to plan our departure time and tell the cab to meet us at a specific time?

Or should I just rent a car for a day? I've got some activities lined up (Gold Mine Ranch horse ride, Green Zebra, Black Pearl) that should cover many of the attractions, but what about others?

Thanks

I've never seen cabs waiting at baby beach, I would rent a car for at least a day to get around the island and see the sights...stay away from royal car rental....bad experience with them, see links in the forum for car rentals...

Aruba since 1979
    a cab to baby beach is very expensive r/t

rent a car for the day for baby beach and donkey sanctuary. combine it to a 1 day event.

be careful though you do not line up too many activities for a week's stay.
    leave yourself plenty of beach time.

If memory serves me correctly you are staying at the Radisson.

Taxi is $35 each way to Baby beach. For $70 you could rent a small SUV. For $40 you could rent a compact car.

Thanks everyone. I'll look into getting a car.

I think I'm leaving enough beach time. Trying to do one activity per day, possibly with a half day or so of exploring.

cabs & busses to beaches & attractions?

With a car you get the great facility to travel around on the island and explore it. For car rental check out the deals at http://www.carrentalscaribbean.com. Their services are quite fairly priced and cars offered are in a pretty good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by shanealf View Post
    With a car you get the great facility to travel around on the island and explore it. For car rental check out the deals at http://www.carrentalscaribbean.com. Their services are quite fairly priced and cars offered are in a pretty good condition.

I tried that site and it will only allow me to rent from the airport.
    There must be a place closer to the hi-rise to get a car.
    Last edited by serene56; 06-13-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    I tired that site and it will only allow me to rent from the airport.
    There must be a place closer to the hi-rise to get a car.
    Most if not all Palm beach resorts have car rental facilities on property. I know Hertz is at the Radisson.

For the link posted above for carrentalscarribean, they are not the rental agency, but a consolidator. Cars reserved through them would be from Economy, Smart Rent a Car, etc.