Aruba Beach

Thread: Car or 4x4

Car or 4x4

Is a 4x4 really needed or can you get everywhere you want to on the island (beaches, hide a ways, ect) with just a toyota yaris? Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    it all depends where you want to go.
    if you want to go off roading then a 4x4 is necessary. If you want to drive to restaurants, beaches, lighthouse, alto vista chapel, the paved road at Arikok, the fallen down natural bridge, the gold mine ruins, the baby beach, donkey sanctuary, ostrich farm, philips animal garden and regular driving around..........all perfect by a sedan !

Quote Originally Posted by mbstiefel View Post
    Is a 4x4 really needed or can you get everywhere you want to on the island (beaches, hide a ways, ect) with just a toyota yaris? Thanks.

Well let me refraise my question Other then the fact that you can go off roading to go off roading, are there any beaches or cool spots on aruba that require a 4x4. I can go 4 wheeling here in washington, dont need to just 4 wheel in aruba when there is so much else to do. I realize that you need to either take a tour or rent a 4x4 to get to the natural pool but are there any other really worth it spots to spend the money on renting a 4x4?

Aruba since 1979
    I am really not all that qualified to answer that . The Natural Pool is the most popular off road site from what i hear. was there yrs ago, too rough a drive/ride for me. I am sure u will get some sound advice to your question.QUOTE=mbstiefel;219164]Well let me refraise my question Other then the fact that you can go off roading to go off roading, are there any beaches or cool spots on aruba that require a 4x4. I can go 4 wheeling here in washington, dont need to just 4 wheel in aruba when there is so much else to do. I realize that you need to either take a tour or rent a 4x4 to get to the natural pool but are there any other really worth it spots to spend the money on renting a 4x4?[/QUOTE]