Aruba Beach

Thread: Car? Moped? Bus?

Car? Moped? Bus?

I am traveling to Aruba in three weeks w/ family. It's 7 of us total and we'll be staying at a friends home.

We are renting a car, but since most of have been to Aruba at least once before, I am was considering renting my own car or something to get around the island to shoot photos (I'm a professional photojournalist).

I was wondering if there are smaller means in transportation like mopeds or buses, or if I should just rent a car?

I plan on going to some more remote and "local spots" and away from the tourist areas more or less. So I am not sure if the buses go that way or what?

Suggestions? How much do rental cars normally cost?

I too would like to know if you can rent mopeds/scooters or some sort of motorized cycle. I have also read somewhere you can rent ATVs.... are they allowed on the streets. do some people use them as their rental car? can you rent them by the day or week? does anyone recommend any places to rent them?

Locals tell us that they are the biggest cause of accidents and are involved in the most accidents (mopeds, motorscooters, etc.). I'd just rent a car. Go up to and click on rental cars. It should give you a good range.