Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car-Rental

Car-Rental

Dear Aruba visitors, we would like to hear from you about the shuttle system some car rental agencies are offering to their off side airport offices.
    As must of you know some car rental company's are no longer operating or doesn't have a airport booth anymore, please give your opinion on that.

I hate those little, cramped huts and would much prefer being picked up by the car rental agency at the airport. Hauling luggage across the road is no fun and there have been times when we were the third in line at the hut and had to wait outside in the heat because there was no room inside.

Used Royal in February. A nice cooled bus was waiting for us. They loaded our luggage and brought us to their new location. Everything was great. Their new spot is more spacious so in the event that there is more than one family waiting, there is space for all inside. When we returned the car, luggage stayed in and they dropped us off in the car we used. I would definitely recommend Royal to anyone. We have used them at least 10 times, no problems.

Last year we used Value. They pick you up in the car you're renting and drive you to their office near the hotel area. We've used Optima and Thrifty in the past with good results. Used Royal once. Wouldn't use them again.

I am confused and need some advice

For the past number of years we have always used Hertz (got the Marriott discount) but after a bad experience(s) with them in December we tried Royal in Feb. We were very pleased with the service. The always responded quickly to emails, were there to pick us up at the airport and drop us off too. All in all very happy with them. We are now trying to decide what to do with our Dec trip again. We would/will go back to Royal but our only issue is the age of the vehicle. The older cars are "rough" and have numerous issues but that is all that seems to be available through any of the car companies??

Does anyone have any feedback about this? We would like to rent a good car that can comfortably fit 4 adult size people that is in good working condition and is clean? Is there such a thing in Aruba???
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

The car that we got from Value last year was very clean and in great shape. It was a four door Yaris. Not the biggest car on the block, surely, but I did ride in the back seat several times and it was comfortable.

We have been renting from Bidget for over ten years and are very pleased with their cars and service.

RUBA Rent a car!

We had a Suzuki SUV from Royal this past February. In very good condition, fairly new, seats 7, but 4 comfortably with luggage. No problem at all.

I think we have all (myself included) sort of hijacked this thread. The OP wanted to know what we thought about off-airport rentals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast