Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car-Rental

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieMame View Post
    I think we have all (myself included) sort of hijacked this thread. The OP wanted to know what we thought about off-airport rentals.
    Yes that is correct we need your opinion on the off airport car rentals and the shutlle system, is it a good or bad experience.

I'm in favor of off-site rentals. I would prefer to be picked up in the rental car (then I know what I'm getting and no luggage need be transfered) but still would like the shuttle idea better than renting at the airport.

I'm in favor of off-site rentals. I would prefer to be picked up in the rental car (then I know what I'm getting and no luggage need be transfered) but still would like the shuttle idea better than renting at the airport.
    The Airport will start a process to try stop the shuttle system at the airport permisses for off airport car rental, do you think that may have any affect for you as a visitor with a reservation from a off airport car rental.

Quote Originally Posted by arubastar View Post
    The Airport will start a process to try stop the shuttle system at the airport permisses for off airport car rental, do you think that may have any affect for you as a visitor with a reservation from a off airport car rental.
    If they are seeking to get the visitor to rent at the airport it wouldn't work for me. I'd take a cab to my lodgings or to the rental car office (depending on where we were staying that trip).

If we were staying at the hotel strip we'd have a car delivered to our lodgings on the second day. We've done that in the past anyway. What we won't do is get a car at one of those booths outside the airport.

If they are seeking to get the visitor to rent at the airport it wouldn't work for me. I'd take a cab to my lodgings or to the rental car office (depending on where we were staying that trip).

If we were staying at the hotel strip we'd have a car delivered to our lodgings on the second day. We've done that in the past anyway. What we won't do is get a car at one of those booths outside the airport.
    Don't you think that the airport is forcing visitors to rent cars on airport permisses, do you think that will work, can we show the airport that they are taking wrong decissions on behalf of the tourism in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by arubastar View Post
    Don't you think that the airport is forcing visitors to rent cars on airport permisses, do you think that will work, can we show the airport that they are taking wrong decissions on behalf of the tourism in Aruba.
    It would be more persuasive if one could show the airport that they are making the wrong decision with respect to their own interests.

What would happen if ALL the tourists who were going to rent for the week tried jamming those booths? They would soon reach the same conclusion to which hubby and I have come. Take a cab and rent off-site.

Are they really trying to stop shuttles? If the company picked you up at the airport in the car we rented then this could get around the shuttle bus prohibition but I guess the companies would need more employees. I hope this doesn't happen.

We found the shuttle service great from Royal and it was stil quicker than dealing with Hertz. We have used them for years and they have the slowest employees in the world!!! One of us usually sprints over to there to get in line but it never seems to matter it always takes one hour of frustration. We hoped in the shuttle, got over to Royal in a matter of minutes, filled out the paper work and were gone. Very impressed!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

It would be more persuasive if one could show the airport that they are making the wrong decision with respect to their own interests.

What would happen if ALL the tourists who were going to rent for the week tried jamming those booths? They would soon reach the same conclusion to which hubby and I have come. Take a cab and rent off-site.
    Take a cab or get your FREE SHUTTLE to the off site car rental office.
    This is all about the FREE SHUTTLE the airport will try to stop, but i think we have to fight agains it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12