Aruba Beach

Thread: Car rental

mac

Smile Car rental

just received an e/m from american car rental that the airport will no longer allow off site car rentals to wait for their customers at the arrival terminal. they say we must take a cab ($10-15), pick up car and then go back to terminal to pick up any others traveling with us. i am sure the onsite rentals pushed for this and the airport caved in. they are really making this the "not so friendly island". will not stop going, but it's just one more hassle after a long day of traveling.

Hi Mac...
    After reading your update, I emailed Aruba Royal (whom I rented from this year). Ardley advised me that they will still be picking my family up at the airport on 1/25...Is this a reference only for the car rental co. you used ? Either way it will work out.....we're in Aruba !!!

If I am not mistaken, what Ardley is referring to is picking you up in their shuttle bus and transfering you to their "off-site" office.

Correct....After reading Mac's post, I assumed they were not doing that any longer.

mac

Smile American car rental

been trading e/m's with akash at american today and he says that none of the off site companies can pick up their customers. we're just going to take a cab to quality apts and they will deliver to us there. we are going to be in aruba for 5 weeks so who cares, as long as they don't run out of balashi.

Hi, I am in Aruba now! I also rented with American car rental. YIKES! BIG MISTAKE! I will never rent from them ever again! First off I also had to take a cab to their Mhumbu(sp?) 36 location and for such a nice website they have a dirty old hut! I rented a Chevy Cavalier; The car is in horrible condition! It was making loud clicking sounds and had dings and dents! So we start driving it and the battery and check engine light came on. The next day we went to start it and it wouldn't start. We called and they came out the next day and got it running. Today once again it will not run! They are on their way with a new one! I will never rent with them again and advise others not to! I will only rent with Ace Aruba from now on! Just wanted to give my input on American! I'll let you know what happpens with the new car!