Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Car Rental

You can book using either the Payless website or the Optima website. They will honor the price that you are quoted from either site.

Tropic sold out, others?

So the suggestion of Hans seems great but unfortunately they are sold out for our trip next week. We are only looking to rent a car upon arrival for 1 day and then again for one day later in the trip to do some exploring.

Our issue is that we want to pick up upon arrival at the airport then return it somewhere near our resort (La Cabana) or have them drive us back to our resort for free after returning.

I see Optima has a shuttle from airport then an office at La Cabana but just found them this morning and sent an email to see if we could return to the office at La Cabana. Anyone have opinions on this and Optima in general?

Any other companies you'd recommend and that would offer the pick up/return convenience we seek? Thanks!

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Just used Amigo for our July trip. The car was older with a bunch of miles on it, but they are right on the airport (last office in the car rental strip) and reliable. It was also very reasonable ($169 + tax) for 7 days on a Toyota Yaris. We've used Royal and Budget in the past but will probably use Amigo again on our next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by wkupike2000 View Post
    ...I see Optima has a shuttle from airport then an office at La Cabana but just found them this morning and sent an email to see if we could return to the office at La Cabana. Anyone have opinions on this and Optima in general?...

We use Optima regularly. As we stay at Paradise Beach, the La Cabana office is sometimes handy. I don't hesitate to recommend them.

I know their airport shuttle goes from the airport to their office near the airport but I don't think it goes to La Cabana.

We ended up renting from Optima. The rates were very good compared to most of the other rental services. The shuttle was there when we exited the airport and our car was outside with the AC on when we got to the Optima office. Easy checkout when we returned the car to catch our flight. Car ran well and no problems encountered with the company.

Glad you had a good experience.

Confused about rental cars

Okay, so after several nights trying to find a decent car for my parents (who would star 10days in Aruba starting May 3rd) I have give up ...
    I've never been to Aruba myself and I knew very little until recently, especially about all the little tricks about the journey of getting a descent car rental.
    After reading several forums, searching in Expedia, Kayak and such I finally concluded that the best one is Tropic, okay great I told myself up until the moment when, BOOM they said they were all booked. Since then I can't find an agency that as low insurance (7$ a day, we don't have a credit card that covers the insurance nor does out insurance covers outside of the US)
    I also very much dislike the fact that there is this airport tax thing ...
    So, please can anyone help me find the best economy car out there, size and model don't matter as long as it has the lowest price ...
    They would like to pick up the car from the airport or near by, but have someone wait for them (English is their second language, so is mine, so it's better for them to meet someone rather than look for the office first thing they get to Aruba)
    They'll be there from May, 03, arriving at 2:30pm and will be leaving on May 13th, 2:00pm.
    My dad is turning 50 on May7 and is really looking forward for this trip(kind of a dream of his, beaches , scuba diving ...
    He has a driving license, drives both manual and automatic, they are staying at the Paradera Hotel if any of this info matters.

Thank you in advance, I've really had it ... it's, so confusing with all these rules mentioned only on the bottom with the small letters or those, weird airport taxes ...

Aruba since 1979
    take a big breath and relax

will come back and post a link or 2 with some suggestions

what is your parents 1st language?QUOTE=allley;222967] Okay, so after several nights trying to find a decent car for my parents (who would star 10days in Aruba starting May 3rd) I have give up ...
    I've never been to Aruba myself and I knew very little until recently, especially about all the little tricks about the journey of getting a descent car rental.
    After reading several forums, searching in Expedia, Kayak and such I finally concluded that the best one is Tropic, okay great I told myself up until the moment when, BOOM they said they were all booked. Since then I can't find an agency that as low insurance (7$ a day, we don't have a credit card that covers the insurance nor does out insurance covers outside of the US)
    I also very much dislike the fact that there is this airport tax thing ...
    So, please can anyone help me find the best economy car out there, size and model don't matter as long as it has the lowest price ...
    They would like to pick up the car from the airport or near by, but have someone wait for them (English is their second language, so is mine, so it's better for them to meet someone rather than look for the office first thing they get to Aruba)
    They'll be there from May, 03, arriving at 2:30pm and will be leaving on May 13th, 2:00pm.
    My dad is turning 50 on May7 and is really looking forward for this trip(kind of a dream of his, beaches , scuba diving ...
    He has a driving license, drives both manual and automatic, they are staying at the Paradera Hotel if any of this info matters.

Thank you in advance, I've really had it ... it's, so confusing with all these rules mentioned only on the bottom with the small letters or those, weird airport taxes ...[/QUOTE]

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

http://www.optimarentacar.com/rates.html

check out this company OPTIMA also is the same as PAYLESS

if you cannot get tropic, this might be a good option.

if you parents are staying at paradera, paradera has contact with a car rental company...check with paradera.

as far as the extra insurance goes......if your parents have AMEX then quite possibly there is insurance included ?

Aruba since 1979
    Can't Book Hans :( who would you book?

another thread with car rental chatter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast