Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Car Rental

Smile

Hello, Andrea!
    First of all thank you very much for the extremely fast response !
    My parents speak Bulgarian and Russian as a native language.
    We did contact Paradera about their the car rental but what they send us wasn't really a good deal, but just in case I did send an e-mail to the company to get a quote.
    I will check the other ones you mentioned now let you guys know if I find anything to our interest.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum.

I have to say that in all of my car rentals over the years, I can say without a doubt that cheapest in Aruba is not necessarily always the "best".

Shop wisely.

Cheap is not best

Can not agree more Lisa
    I always say cheap falls apart, look for inexpensive!
    That said, I asked my wife to rent a vehicle, preferably a four door jeep, for a few days this year. After 11 visits with cabs, walking and tour guides I really wanted to take a good, behind the wheel look at the island.

She had a rough time finding a jeep with three seatbelts in the back for the tikes. Finally gave up and went with a small 4 door Nissan pick up truck from Amigo.

Oh boy was I in for a shocker when I picked up our ride. Empty tank, no child booster that we asked for, bald and dry rot on all four tires, drivers door was not aligned and needed a special closing technique, no interior dome light, dents dings and scratches galore.

"don't you have something more suitable for my family?" I inquired.
    " what you see is what you get" was the paraphrased response.

Being a snail of a driver and aware that the island is not that intimidating in the event of car trouble I reluctantly accepted the rental. Family waiting at Costa Linda for our first day out were quite wide eyed when I pulled up.

In the end the truck performed well and we affectionately dubbed it "junky truck". Would be a great ride if the tires were up to par. Next year we will definitely get another vehicle, inexpensive..not cheap..from a different rental company.

Ralph

ace car rental, my choice throughout the year.

Thanks for the suggestion on ace. I'll look into it.
    Ralph

Hello, again, thank you so much for all the answers and the warm welcome!
    So far ACE seems like the best one, but I will look until the end of this week to see if anything else comes up. I'll apreciate any other suggestions or tips. Also I saw many posts about rent-a-cars and taxis and public transportation, good job you guys, this is a great forum!

hi

Hi Alley,

I tried to send you a message I do not know if you get it!!!!
    Try to call Richi he is working for royal and smart car 00 297 593 8785, tell him that you are my friend.
    But it is getting busy in aruba in may so be quick!!!

Cheers
    Sophie

car rental

Of all the times we have been on the island, we rented a car just once from rental at the hotel. This time I need to rent for at least 5 days, maybe 6, we have friends that are coming down after we are there, so my question is ....who has the better or new cars, prices, and best location to pick up. Can't do the rag top jeep.....I would love it but not the Mrs.......I'll be there in August so I have plenty of time to make a choice....

charlie

car rental

you`ll be surprized...on availability of the cars. Make your reservation now, to assure, that you are going to have one.. I was trying to make a reservation for 12/22-1/06/13... and what do you know? most of the companies are already booked...And we need a small car( 2 of us)... now- I have to settle for a bigger car, and ofcause - more $$$$. Most of those rental places- have a newer models.

Royal car Rental 2 locations bear airport and the other near the High Rises 8572339025

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast