Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Car Rental

From years of experience I can tell you two things are guaranteed:

1. cheapest is not always the best
    2. you will get ALMOST as many recommendation for rental companies as there are companies

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/trop...%20rental.html
    Tropic seems to get the best reviews from everyone here, but they only rent compacts

Aruba since 1979
    we always rent from tropic
    he not only has competitive prices, he has great customer service

tropic's fleet consists of less than 35 cars, so it is better to reserve sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    From years of experience I can tell you two things are guaranteed:

1. cheapest is not always the best
    2. you will get ALMOST as many recommendation for rental companies as there are companies

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/trop...%20rental.html
    Tropic seems to get the best reviews from everyone here, but they only rent compacts

We have had a very good experience over the years with Optima/Payless. Ask for Hector. You may find it cheaper and/or the only way to get a car is to rent for a week. Rental companies may not want to tie up a car for 5-6 days and lose a weekly rental.

If we rent a car from the kiosk in our hotel, do they usually provide you with a map of some sights and areas to go? We would like to rent a car for a day and explore like baby beach, etc, but don't know where to go. I didn't know if we should map it out before hand...

Quote Originally Posted by suebee329 View Post
    If we rent a car from the kiosk in our hotel, do they usually provide you with a map of some sights and areas to go? We would like to rent a car for a day and explore like baby beach, etc, but don't know where to go. I didn't know if we should map it out before hand...
    Yes, they will provide a map. HOWEVER, try to see if you can get a hold of a Aruba Experience Magazine in your hotel lobby. Imo, they always had the best "free" map.

Speed Car Rental???

Hi Andrea,

I tried getting a reservation with Tropic but they are already book for November, so I am now checking out rates with Optima, Ace and Amigo, but I found another one called "Speed Car Rental"... their rates are more than convenient but I can't get any review of their service... by any chance, do you know something about them??

I have read some reviews about Amigo, it seems they are reliable but their cars are old and quite beaten up.

Another thing, I have red a comment saying amigo rented a 4x4 truck but they said they could not use the pick up in eastern side of the island,... so they could no go to natural pool... It doesn't make sense, why would I want to rent a 4x4 if I cannot go to natural pool or natural bridge..??

Quote Originally Posted by Patti Ann View Post
    We always rent from Royal. They have decent cars, that are very reasonable. The service is good and the owners are nice.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/thingstodo/gett...l/default.aspx
    click above link for car and jeep rental

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

some rentals specifically say where not to bring their vehicles
    getting to the fallen down natural bridge can be done easily in a sedan

some rental places will hold you responsible for any/all damages occured if the vehicle is off road.

if i were wanting to go off roading i would go with an organized tour.

many people loved driving 4x4 vehicles even if not off roading.

QUOTE=toorop;235645]Hi Andrea,

I tried getting a reservation with Tropic but they are already book for November, so I am now checking out rates with Optima, Ace and Amigo, but I found another one called "Speed Car Rental"... their rates are more than convenient but I can't get any review of their service... by any chance, do you know something about them??

I have read some reviews about Amigo, it seems they are reliable but their cars are old and quite beaten up.

Another thing, I have red a comment saying amigo rented a 4x4 truck but they said they could not use the pick up in eastern side of the island,... so they could no go to natural pool... It doesn't make sense, why would I want to rent a 4x4 if I cannot go to natural pool or natural bridge..??[/QUOTE]

We rented from Avis this past trip and had a terrific experience. The car was almost new, the service at their airport kiosk was excellent and the price was a bit higher than some but still competitive. As Lisa always says, "cheapest is not always the best". After having a few bargain clunkers the past few years, we decided to spend a few extra bucks for better quality. This summer it will only be the 2 of us so we can use Tropic since Hans only has small cars.

Jeff, do u have contact info for Hans from tropic? I am sure we will get a rental for @ least a few days. I was thinking I would not but I am sure I will get the itch to explore on our own. I figure the jeep is a waste for me cause I will not violate the contact and go to forbiden places. That said a car from a good place sounds like a good idea. I have read a few positive posts about Hans.

Thanks

http://www.tropiccarrent-aruba.com/ Tropic Car Rental (Hans)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast