Aruba Beach

Thread: Car Rental

Car Rental

Hans is out of cars! As Tropic seems to be the forum's consensus best choice
    Anybody got a 2nd choice?

Try More4Less, Jay's or Wheels to Go

We've used Wheels2go the last 3 trips and have been very satisfied.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

I've used Aruba Royal for many years with no issues.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Royal, More4Less... had good luck with both...

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I had to use budget 2 years ago. No problems. Good service. I had to call them from Baby Beach because I had put the keys in A waterproof container that hangs around your neck. Problem was it leaked and got the electronic key wet and it wouldn't work. They had a guy out there in 45 minutes with another key and did not charge me for it. Lesson learned. Now we check the waterproof containers in the sink before we use them. The seals get dry and cracked after a few years.

Hi Rob, I am hearing great things about Wheels to Go,my best friend could not hook up with Hans at Tropic so Hans told him to try Wheels 2 Go and they loved it. Dick.
    Next Aruba trip in

Just make sure you plan ahead.

We are going to rent a car from for our stay over Xmas and new years. I emailed tropic and was told to try back b/c it was to early and prices were not available. Each time I was given a date to try back, on that DAT I would email and be given another day, 3x this happened. I get it its Aruba, island time etc.

Today Hans tells me he can not rent me a car because we are staying in a rental house and the car will not be behind a locked gate at night. Seriously? I understand theft happens, but he should update his rental policy online stating his rules instead if stringing me on for months only to say no deal.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaMike View Post
    Just make sure you plan ahead.

We are going to rent a car from for our stay over Xmas and new years. I emailed tropic and was told to try back b/c it was to early and prices were not available. Each time I was given a date to try back, on that DAT I would email and be given another day, 3x this happened. I get it its Aruba, island time etc.

Today Hans tells me he can not rent me a car because we are staying in a rental house and the car will not be behind a locked gate at night. Seriously? I understand theft happens, but he should update his rental policy online stating his rules instead if stringing me on for months only to say no deal.
    We rent from him and stay at either Costa Linda, Renaissance suites or one of the other time shares on the island. None of these except Playa Linda have gates to their parking. They do have security patrolling the parking lots though so maybe that is what he means. He should state on his site that he does not rent to persons staying where there is no security.