Aruba Beach

Thread: Car Rental

Car Rental

Hi,

I have 2 questions that I hope someone can answer for me. I will be coming down to Aruba in July with several other couples. We want to be able to explore the island. Some of us have been to Aruba before and for others this will be the 1st time.

Every time I come down we rent a car because it makes it more convenient. Since I work for GM I don't know much about other types of cars, Can a Honda RAV 4 make it out to the natural pool or should I go with the more expensive JEEP?

I also like to go to different beaches to snorkel. Some beaches don't have any kind of chairs. Is there someplace we can rent small beach chairs for a week?

Thanks very much,
    John

Aruba since 1979
    hi john
    i cannot answer your rav4 question, however i do know that the jeeps do make the trip to the natural pool quite regularly.
    i suggest an organized jeep tour to the natural pool (kini kini or depalm and there are others too)

many of the beaches do have vendors on the beach renting lounges.....approx $10 and umbrellas/shade things are additional $

Quote Originally Posted by jkeusch View Post
    Hi,

I have 2 questions that I hope someone can answer for me. I will be coming down to Aruba in July with several other couples. We want to be able to explore the island. Some of us have been to Aruba before and for others this will be the 1st time.

Every time I come down we rent a car because it makes it more convenient. Since I work for GM I don't know much about other types of cars, Can a Honda RAV 4 make it out to the natural pool or should I go with the more expensive JEEP?

I also like to go to different beaches to snorkel. Some beaches don't have any kind of chairs. Is there someplace we can rent small beach chairs for a week?

Thanks very much,
    John

I had a similar question before our trip and was told it was worth it to get the Jeep over the rav4 because you will have more clearance and better tires for off road driving. We went with the Jeep and did not regret it.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Get the jeep, but check with the rental company to see if they allow travel to the natural pool. I recall some in the past don't, which will leave you hanging for any possible damage.
    Last edited by schexc; 04-07-2016 at 06:22 AM.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

I would absolutely suggest the Jeep for traveling to the Natural Pool, and even with the Jeep, be very careful and take it slow and be very critical of every move.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

A Toyota RAV4 would not make it to the pool, jeeps or ATV's only. That being said , anywhere else on the island can be traveled by car. Go for the jeep and have a blast.
    Next Aruba trip in

We tried in a small SUV similar to a RAV4. We gave up when it got too steep and the rocks too large. The contract definitely said we could not go off road with it, but we tried anyways. It was fine for most other places on the more northerly side of the east coast.
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!