Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car rental agency listing

Aruba since 1979

thanks andrea--two cars versus on is on the agenda for tomorrows talk also..lol

Aruba since 1979
    My experience with 1 minivan and 2 couples and 2 kids , 6 people total. We started off all wonderful and happy. Couple A (not paul me or the boys, wanted to go off each morning touring.....I wanted to go riding and snorkeling...it made for unsaid unhappiness. As the vacation progressed, we found that couple A liked to sleep LATE and not get moving out of their unit til about noon. Our day was half over by noon ;-). It was too difficult to share due to the different lifestyles. So that is why i suggested considering 2 smaller vehicles and maybe less costly too andrea

taxi, bus, or rent a car

Im going to Aruba for the 1st time on May 1st. Im staying at the Marriott Surf club and would like to know if i should just take a taxi from the airport to the resort and deal with the busses for the week or book a rent a car ahead of time. i can get a rent car for around 200 buck thru USAA. Since im staying in a condo i will want to go to a grocery store and i think a rent car may be the way to go but i would like to hear some opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by riggs1359 View Post
    i think a rent car may be the way to go but i would like to hear some opinions.
    It is really a personal preference and how much you plan on venturing outside of your resort.

First Visit - Should We Rent a Car

Rent A Car ?

Should we stick to taxis or rent a car?

Rent a Car or Taxi

Transportaion

Is it worth renting a car?

Cool Airport Vs Strip Car Rental

Other than the physical location, is there an advantage to renting near the hotel and not at airport. Are fees and rates higher? Is there an independant rental company that is not at airport? I would like to patronize the little guy in business if possible as it seems the attention to service is better.

Thanks Mark

Car Rental
    www.aruba.com/OurPeoplePlaces/Transportation/search/carrental.aspx?searchon=type

Rentals at the airport are traditionally a bit more expensive due to additional taxes. The advantage of renting at the airport vs. the hotel is not having to pay for transfers or a taxi from the airport to your resort.

We have had excellent experiences with Amigo Rent a Car
    www.aruba.com/OurPeoplePlaces/Transportation/Amigo_Rent_a_Car.aspx
    as well as Avis Car Rental www.aruba.com/OurPeoplePlaces/Transportation/Avis_Car_Rental.aspx which is a local franchise and not corporate owned.

Addtional info Car Rental www.aruba.com/OurPeoplePlaces/Transportation/Car_Rental.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by texas View Post
    Other than the physical location, is there an advantage to renting near the hotel and not at airport. Are fees and rates higher? Is there an independant rental company that is not at airport? I would like to patronize the little guy in business if possible as it seems the attention to service is better.

Thanks Mark

Arrow At the airport

http://www.airportaruba.com/en/to&from/rentals/

At the airport:

Alamo Car Rental
    Amigo Rent a Car
    Avis Rent a Car
    Budget Rent a Car
    Dollar Car Rental
    Econo Car Rental
    Economy Car Rental
    Hertz Car Rental
    National Car Rental
    Thrifty Car Rental

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we rented from tropical, which i got from this group. we dealt with Hans. He answered right away to my email. i will let everyone know what i thought when we get back from aruba. its getting closer. 7 weeks to go.......

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    we rented from tropical, which i got from this group. we dealt with Hans.
    Tropic Car Rental
    http://www.tropiccarrent-aruba.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast