Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Car rental with car seat

Car rental with car seat

Hi,

We are trying to figure out the safest method of getting around with a 1 year old. We have heard that we could contact a taxi company that can provide a car seat for the ride back and forth to the airport. I have also read of someone setting that up and when the cab arrived there was no car seat! Even though need for the car seat was clearly articulated, it never filtered down to the driver.

We were thinking if we rented a car that could fit 4 adults and a car seat and brought our own car seat we would be assured of safe travel for everyone. This way if we wanted to leave the resort we would be better prepared.

Has anyone traveled with a young child and how did you handle this adventure?
    If you agree that that renting is our best option we would like some car rental recommendations. We would like a good car rental that could accommodate 5 passengers, pickup and drop of at the airport for 8 days.

Sorry I am so long winded we are getting a little nervous about our new little guys first trip to our favorite place being a safe one. We will be arriving in September and we need to get transportation sorted out.

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    contact TAXIDRIVER using private message feature on this forum re: car seat and a reservation.
    he has a very large airconditioned van that can accommodate all of you and make usre that you inquire about a car seat.

if you rent a car would it make more sense to bring your own car seat?
    http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/tr...rental?tid=289 click this link for car rental listing.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-26-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks Andrea! We have used Bully the past and that was our first thought. We assumed he would have a car seat and knew his vehicle is plenty big. I knew if we contacted him and he had a car seat, we would be assured there would be no mistakes. He is great. We wondered if it made more sense to rent a car in case we wanted to go anywhere during the week

Thanks again

Aruba since 1979
    i am one of those people that always rent a car.
    it may make more sense to you to do a car rental.
    make sure that when you make a car rental inquiry, ask about if a car seat is available.

bully/taxidriver is awesome.
    he is a fine gentleman and a real good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Thanks Andrea! We have used Bully the past and that was our first thought. We assumed he would have a car seat and knew his vehicle is plenty big. I knew if we contacted him and he had a car seat, we would be assured there would be no mistakes. He is great. We wondered if it made more sense to rent a car in case we wanted to go anywhere during the week

Thanks again

Andrea,

You mention you used have Tropic. Do they have cars big enough for 4 adults and a car seat?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    More4Less has car seats. Also check Wheels2GoAruba.com

Aruba since 1979
    Tropic nope. Their vehicles will not suit your needs.

Payless/Optima has car seats.

We got a car seat when we rented from More4Less. There was no additional charge. We had a mini van, 6 adults and the baby, and it had plenty of room for all of us and our luggage.

Never in Aruba, since this will be our first trip - but have travelled with 2 little ones. If you have enough adults to carry everything, bringing the carseat isn't bad. We've brought ours on vacation before. It checks for free (doesn't count toward your luggage allotment) and since it was "oversize" it was one of the first things on and off the plane. Stroller also gate-checked for free. I think a lot of the decision would depend on how comfortable you are with someone else's carseat/installation and how many hands you have to carry things at the airports. This trip we are using the Ridesafer with my 4 yo, but I don't think they make anything like that for under 3. Part of the reason we rented a vehicle was so we could have our carseat options in it for the week without worrying (and part was because my hubby really misses our old Jeep and can't wait to explore the island with one!) Happy travels!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast