Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Car rental with car seat

"We've brought ours on vacation before. It checks for free (doesn't count toward your luggage allotment) and since it was "oversize" it was one of the first things on and off the plane. Stroller also gate-checked for free. "

I assumed that it was going to cost for both of these items. I guess I thought because they were so bulky they couldn't e considered carry on and you would have to pay. They are leaning toward taking the car seat for sure.

Double check with your airline - I don't think that was an airline thing, but you never know when they switch up the rules! And I don't remember if ours was international or not or if that makes a difference. But "baby" got their own free carryon - diaper bag - also!

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    We brought our own car seat when my son was 1 and also when he was 2 & in a "big boy" front facing seat vs the baby carrier type. We rented a van from Amigo-there were 6 adults and 1 child. It's a pain to deal with at the airport but for peace of mind, it's worth it. I think they may have "lost" our seat temporarily in Aruba when we arrived. After talking to may different people to try to find it, someone else heard our plea and took me waaaaay back to the dregs of the airport and there it was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12