Aruba Beach

Thread: Car rental recommendations

Car rental recommendations

Taking a family cruise in July that stops in Aruba. We are looking to rent 2 Suzuki XL-7 4x4 for the day. There are 13 of us, so the Suzuki would probably be the best. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on places to rent from.
    Thanks

Try Value Car rental. www.valuearuba.com
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Thumbs up

We rented from Value last trip and liked them a lot.

Why are you renting 2 XL-7's? Rent one 15 seater Hyundai Van and all 13 of you would be in the same car. I would like to believe that renting 2 would still be more expensive than just 1 van. I personally prefer Economy Car Rental, however there are many car rentals on the island that offer these vans.

This is just my 2 Cents

Bryan Morris

We are planning on driving through Arikok Park and figured 2 Suzuki 4x4 would be easier than renting 3 Jeeps.
    Thanks for the recommendations.

Cool Aruba Royal Car Rental

I rented from Aruba Royal Car Rental and they were fine (they picked me up on time, had the car seat that I ordered, the vehicle was OK etc). I believe they offer the Suzuki XL-7 for $85 per day/$225 for three days/$395 for a week.

I should also point out that you should make sure that you reserve your car before you go down (i.e. to ensure that you get the vehicle that you want). Furthermore, whatever type of vehicle you end up renting, make sure that it is a 4X4 if you intend to go through through Arikok Park/the rest of the other side of the island. Indeed, I think one of those 15 passenger vans would have trouble getting to the Natural Pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Flanagan View Post
    I think one of those 15 passenger vans would have trouble getting to the Natural Pool.
    In December a passenger van would have had a tough time getting to the collapsed natural bridge, nevermind the natural pool.

Any place for car rentals is ok. But DO NOT use Super Car Rentals!!! They are known for scamming people! I was in Aruba and rented from them in 2001. The owner told me she prefered I pay her in cash for the rental. I did, and when I got home I noticed that she had charged my credit card for the exact charge of $300 that I had given her in CASH. I didn't save the receipt because I was so overly convinced that I wouldn't need it. Needless to say, I had to pay the additional $300 to my credit card. I spoke to the owner personally and she wouldn't even acknowledge ever having spoken with me.

Avoid Super Car Rentals!!!

One more important note...In 2002 I ran into a couple in Aruba that had rented from them in 2000, and they told me the same thing happened to them as well. Almost the same identical way it happened to me! They are crooks!!
    Last edited by kiss44; 04-24-2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: I left out an important piece of information.

I have rented from Aruba Royal, Amigo, American and all are equally okay....I usually jump onto the rental adds on this website and pick the one that is offering the best deal. Right now Amigo is offering a small suv for 273 a week....not a bad deal.
    Just make sure you print out the confirmation so if they try to give you a different price you have proof of the price...that did happen once but it wasn't at Amigo. You usually will also get a 5% spiff if when you return the vehicle you pay in cash.......Good LucK
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME