Aruba Beach

Thread: Car Rental Referral FULL sized Car

Smile Car Rental Referral FULL sized Car

My husband 6'5", myself and 2 other friends will be coming to Aruba for 2 weeks in August.
    My problem is finding a car that will fit us all. We need a large FULL sized car. By the time my DH is in the driver seat there is only a little room in the back. I see rates that are way over the top on the web.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

We've rented from Super Car Rental many times while visiting Aruba. We've had good luck with them. I know they've had full size cars because we've had them twice, without asking for them. They pick you up at the airport and take you to their office which is just a short distance. Just look them up on line.
    Good Luck, Have a great vacation.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

i have never rented anything other than a small toyota or hyundai or mazda

check out this link for car rentals.
    http://www.aruba.com/thingstodo/gett...l/default.aspx
    i cannot say their pricing is not high.
    full sized vehicles are a premium.

would i be better to rent 2 small cars?
    or exclusively use a taxi or bus or combination of both?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaWoman View Post
    My husband 6'5", myself and 2 other friends will be coming to Aruba for 2 weeks in August.
    My problem is finding a car that will fit us all. We need a large FULL sized car. By the time my DH is in the driver seat there is only a little room in the back. I see rates that are way over the top on the web.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Rental cars in Aruba are expensive.

My best advice is to indeed shop around, however keep in mind that the cheapest rental is not always necessarily the best rental. I would budget at least $400 and look at 7 passenger SUV's.

We have had our best experiences with Amigo http://www.amigocar.com/ and Royal, in that order.

We avoid Hertz and Avis.

If you think the price is prohibitive, if there are less than 6 people, taxis maybe a better choice. Many of the taxis are full size vehicles, vans, min-vans or SUV's.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 01-29-2012 at 03:41 PM.

jaw
    Adolf at Ace Rental has RAV 4's and a Exployer. Need to reserve early to make sure to get the car you want.

Always had good service.

www.acearuba.com

Thumbs down Toyota Rent a Car

Don't use Toyota Rent a Car. They promote themselves as having well maintained vehicles. We rented from them last week and were given an 8 yr old car with rusted rims. Needless to say we got a flat within one day of rental. Asked them to adjust the price or give another car but they wouldn't. At least I was able to recover the $25 cab fare that I incurred after getting the flat tire. There are many car rental companies on the island. I would recommend using them instead.