Aruba Beach

Thread: Car Rental Tipping

Car Rental Tipping

We're renting a car from an agency that picks you up at the airport and returns you at the end of your trip.
    My question is... Do you tip the person that picks you up and returns you to the airport?

Thanks

Tom

Aruba since 1979
    hi thomas
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

although not necessary or required, it is a nice thing to do, especially since the driver will probably help with luggage too.

tip or not, whatever you feel comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasDeMaio View Post
    We're renting a car from an agency that picks you up at the airport and returns you at the end of your trip.
    My question is... Do you tip the person that picks you up and returns you to the airport?

Thanks

Tom

We rented from Royal last year. It was a pleasant experience and they pick you up and return you to the airport. Our driver was really nice and inquired with regards to our trip. It was a nice stress free way to end the trip and I tipped him $5.00. He did help with the luggage at Royal and at the airport.

I cannot find a thread on the subject although I know it was discussed before --frequently I am sure. What car companies are people using. I usually use a main one from the airport as in avis, national etc. Recently rented one in SXM for much less than Aruba. Any local companies anyone can recommend? Thanks.

If I rent from one of the companies on the airport property I do not tip...if I rent and have to be picked up at airport and dropped of at end of vacation I always tip. Not much, around 10 dollars....Makes them happy and more obliged to be helpful....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME