Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car rentals

Aruba since 1979
    tropiccarrent@setarnet.aw

tropic's email
    owner hans dhooge

Quote Originally Posted by stinky2 View Post
    I would like to rent with Hans at Tropic for late April 2011. I emailed them on 10/11, but no response yet.

mac

car rental

have rented from any number of places but the best is hans at tropic. they meet you at the gate and you are gone in 5 minutes. they even come to the resort and wash the car. they are great

Royal Car Rental

We have rented from Royal the last four times in Aruba and recommend them to everyone we know who goes to Aruba. The cars are not new, but they are clean, run well and the air works. They are off property, but will meet you at the airport and take you to their office (just around the corner). You can find them on the internet. Their prices are very reasonable.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    For those that have used Tropic Car Rental. How long before you leave does Hans get in touch with you about the basics, where to meet, contract, etc?

Aruba since 1979
    you may want to drop him a note.

he will get in touch about a month prior...........there will be a contract for you to print out and enter your license and credit card info. make 2 copies.

hans will meet you at the airport with your name on a clipboard.
    he will take you to the car.
    he will put your luggage in the vehicle, give you a token to pay for the parking and you are on your way!

again, drop him a note to see if there is something that i am missing and to finalize your plan.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    For those that have used Tropic Car Rental. How long before you leave does Hans get in touch with you about the basics, where to meet, contract, etc?

we have alway's used ace car rental, adolph, and gang have been great with me.
    they are waiting outside the airport, the paper work in the office is fast, in 20 minutes, your off and running.....

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    well, its two weeks prior and we haven't heard from him, though I did communicate with him about a week and a half ago to tell him our flight time changed and he responded. if I don't hear from him by the weekend, should I email him again? we leave on the 1st

Hans is fantastic I rent from him every year, he is the best on the island I never have a problem.
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    shoot him an email.

did you check the email that he sent you for an attachment of the contract?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    well, its two weeks prior and we haven't heard from him, though I did communicate with him about a week and a half ago to tell him our flight time changed and he responded. if I don't hear from him by the weekend, should I email him again? we leave on the 1st

i did check the email, no attachments. I figured I'd wait till Wednesday. That's two weeks prior. That should be enough time. I have to get the directions for the condo. Though I'm using "taxidriver"'s directions since he knew about the construction of the Ritz. but I need other info. Its always hard when you go someplace for the first time and are dealing with new people, ie car/phone/condo. i'm sure after this first visit, i'll be comfortable about everything as you all are.

i'm emailing everyone on wednesday, lol......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12