Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: car rentals

Aruba since 1979
    yup just got an email from hans at tropic with the explanation.
    such a shame huh that thieving punks ruin it for the rest of us .

andrea

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    well, we'll have to find someone else. i think we're going to rent a townhouse at the gold coast, though. i found a great price on homeaway. did you tell hans I was the one who commented on it?

Aruba since 1979
    i just sent him an email and made an inquiry.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    well, we'll have to find someone else. i think we're going to rent a townhouse at the gold coast, though. i found a great price on homeaway. did you tell hans I was the one who commented on it?

I rented 40 days from More 4 less. They gave me a good price. were very efficient and nice and Ricky picked me up at the airport, procced me and I was on my way

The beach at Andicuri, Beach Bar at the Westin, Sopranos Piano Bar, Downtown Shopping
    Has anyone used American for a jeep rental?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we were lucky to be able to get hans again this year at tropic. dealing with him is stress free, the cars are great and the price is great. he's totally reliable. we got a townhouse at the gold coast. now i feel relaxed we got a great car, great accommodations, great airfare. our 2nd trip, yeah...

Aruba since 1979
    gaby....u were able to rent from hans?
    i thought that the location of where u were staying was an issue with him?

no, where we stayed last year. with all due respect, i don't blame him. we just didn't know where to stay since it was our first time. but now we are staying at the gold coast which is gated. he's not off the mark on his thinking. i did research and he is right about some of the places. i can't blame him once i checked up on some things. but he had no problem if we were staying somewhere besides where we stayed last year. and we ended up at the gold coast. i'm kind of glad we found this out. last year we were new so we were clueless but now we know the area (well not as good as some of you do) but better than we did the first time. and it wasn't the greatest place to stay. it was kind of run down. my husband didn't want to stay there this year. anyway, all is good. the townhouse looks beautiful, the guy we rented from is from our area and the price was great. As soon as I told him we were not staying there, he was a gentleman. He emailed me and said no problem. i guess he knew the area better than we did. it was our first time there. but certainly not our last, lol.....we're hooked.

Aruba since 1979
    hans is a great guy
    i always recommend hans

he and i exchanged emails last week about his policy re: denial car rentals when one is staying in certain apartments.

he made perfect sense.

he did make sense. and I am happy we are staying where we are. i'm happy we could rent from Hans. we passed the gold coast townhouses every day on the way to the beach and it looked so nice. they are right across the from the Tierra del Sol. we just thought they were timeshares. its so much bigger than where we stayed, which was dated and old. obviously the photos were taken when it was built. it didn't really look like that when we got there, probably years ago it did, lol.........see, everything happens for a reason.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast