Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: car wreck fatalities 2017

Aruba since 1979

car wreck fatalities 2017

the number for 2017 is 2

although 2 is 2 too many, it is an improvement over 2016.

police presence and better signage is likely the reason.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Hopefully number will be zero for the new year. Always good to see numbers decline thanks to safer roads and hard work by police.

I will be honest I am shocked the number is that low. I would have expected many more....good info, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

the number for 2017 is 2

although 2 is 2 too many, it is an improvement over 2016.

police presence and better signage is likely the reason.

Aruba since 1979
    ya know.........i did not give any credit to "the public", tourists and aruba residents alike.
    i hope that there is less drunk and or buzzed driving, less texting/distracted driving and less recklessness.

i do know in my situation, one of us is always the designated driver.
    there have been 2 instances (at the bugaloe hahaha) where one of us as the designated driver said "to heck with it", drank and we cabbed it back to where we were staying........cabbed it back the next day and picked up the car.

so, i was very quick to give all of the credit to police and to signage, and just now thought about giving much of the credit to "john q public"

I only drunk walk while in Aruba, lol. I don't get into any car after drinking more than a beer or 2 at the most even at home and God only knows I have way more than 2 drinks in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    ya know.........i did not give any credit to "the public", tourists and aruba residents alike.
    i hope that there is less drunk and or buzzed driving, less texting/distracted driving and less recklessness.

i do know in my situation, one of us is always the designated driver.
    there have been 2 instances (at the bugaloe hahaha) where one of us as the designated driver said "to heck with it", drank and we cabbed it back to where we were staying........cabbed it back the next day and picked up the car.

so, i was very quick to give all of the credit to police and to signage, and just now thought about giving much of the credit to "john q public"

Only 2 traffic fatalities on an island with over 100,000 residents and over 1 million visitors a year I think is fantastic. Although 2 is 2 too many, kudos to everyone who thinks about their actions and acts responsibly when driving in Aruba.

I hope to see the downward trend continue!!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    So happy to see the "number" so low for 2017!. I tend to drink a lot while on the island and I leave the car home when doing so. My resort has a bar and I can do a 5 minute walk and be at 3 bars i frequent. It simply is not worth it to D and D.

We’ve seen a few really bad accidents over the years, almost every trip actually. This past trip I thought we were going to get creamed in front of the Alhambra. As our taxi flew around the corner, then slammed the brakes and I leaned into the door my hand hit the window. Since my ring actually hit, it sounded worse then it was. The driver apologized and explained, “we try to get everyone where there going, “FAST”! There was no reason for her to be driving so aggressively!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast