Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: car wreck fatalities 2017

In December I took a taxi to and from Lings. Both ways at the same intersection (Superfoods) a car ran the red light and they were not "V" plates. Each taxi driver said the same thing, be very careful at intersections especially this one.
    On another occasion my kids took a taxi from downtown to palm beach. The taxi driver was doing 120kms in a 80kms zone (the highway). If they had gotten the taxi number would there have been somewhere to report this driver? They don't normally get nervous in cars (they leave that for me) but they did not feel safe at all.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    imo that superfoods intersection is the worst on the island.
    so many cars run the red.
    pedestrians too need to be aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    In December I took a taxi to and from Lings. Both ways at the same intersection (Superfoods) a car ran the red light and they were not "V" plates. Each taxi driver said the same thing, be very careful at intersections especially this one.
    On another occasion my kids took a taxi from downtown to palm beach. The taxi driver was doing 120kms in a 80kms zone (the highway). If they had gotten the taxi number would there have been somewhere to report this driver? They don't normally get nervous in cars (they leave that for me) but they did not feel safe at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    imo that superfoods intersection is the worst on the island.
    so many cars run the red.
    pedestrians too need to be aware.
    For sure. I almost spilled my cocktail crossing there.

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Good morning everyone,

Great to see the continuing decrease in traffic fatalities in Aruba.

Thanks Andrea for giving the credit to better signage, the police and the motoring public, Arubans and visitors alike.

We have usually felt pretty comfortable driving there. We were a little apprehensive when traffic lights were replaced by round-abouts at certain intersections, but eventually, and with a bit of patience, we all got the hang of it. Hey, who among us regulars, hasn't almost been side-swiped by a tour bus barrelling through one of these things?

Enjoy your Sunday.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    in november, we watched a mini van almost be taken out by a Fofoti tour bus at the roundabout near Marriott and Ritz.
    i am sure that those mini van folks were terrified.

being from MA, where there were/are plenty of rotaries/roundabouts, we were sufficiently trained in yielding to those already in the roundabout.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good morning everyone,

Great to see the continuing decrease in traffic fatalities in Aruba.

Thanks Andrea for giving the credit to better signage, the police and the motoring public, Arubans and visitors alike.

We have usually felt pretty comfortable driving there. We were a little apprehensive when traffic lights were replaced by round-abouts at certain intersections, but eventually, and with a bit of patience, we all got the hang of it. Hey, who among us regulars, hasn't almost been side-swiped by a tour bus barrelling through one of these things?

Enjoy your Sunday.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada

Only two vehicular wrecks for 2017?? That is pretty outstanding, compared to previous years this has to be the lowest ever. I remember a store clerk one telling me that while crime was extremely low on Aruba, the number of car accidents was high. Guess drivers on the island are becoming more and more careful with their driving.

Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    Only two vehicular wrecks for 2017?? That is pretty outstanding, compared to previous years this has to be the lowest ever. I remember a store clerk one telling me that while crime was extremely low on Aruba, the number of car accidents was high. Guess drivers on the island are becoming more and more careful with their driving.
    This is the number of fatalities, not wrecks. Only 2 wrecks would be amazing though!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12