Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By arubabob

Thread: CDW carrental

CDW carrental

I am renting a car with Wheels2Go and was wondering when renting a car if you take the additional CDW Insurance? If I understand right its an Insurance that covers damage at your own car when havind an accident right?
    They dont offer a LDW Insurance, does that mean there is no coverage by theft? I know they steal batteries on the Island..

On my earlier trips to curacao my friend arranged a car for me, but i didnt had any additional Insurance and they stole my headlights, never had to pay extra for it so I think thats covered by an Insurance the carrental has?

Thanks for the advice!

First step is to check with your credit card company and see what type of coverage they offer when you rent a car using their card.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Probally not because I have a standard mastercard with my bankaccount, Checking if I can upgrade my card but I don't think I make enough money each month :S In Holland a creditcard is not usual to pay with and we pay with ATM card everywhere. I'll get back on that when my bank replies.

Aruba since 1979
    check with your trip insurance to see if there is an option for CDW

Just got an email back from the bank, with the following information, guess it means I have to upgrade to Gold Card if I want the following extra card Insurance:

- Auto Legal Assistance
    - Excess insurance ( only at ABN AMRO Gold Card )
    If you pay your rental car with the Gold Card, the deductible in case of damage is automatically insured for up to € 500 , - per event.

So I think that is the CDW ( I think its pretty bad that those Bankpeople can't tell me if it's the same).

I am also going to check with my travelinsurance if car rental is covered! Thank you for the advice so far!

Aruba since 1979
    here is wikipedia's definition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damage_waiver

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Our Credit Cards all cover CDW as long as you decline it with the rental company, so we don't get it. If you are not absolutely sure, you should get the CDW. It is only $7 to $10 a day on Aruba so it would be cheap peace of mind. I don't think you can use an ATM card to pay for a car rental in Aruba. Even if you could it would not be a smart thing to do. Too much chance of having all your money tied up or taken.I also noticed you are from Holland. If you have auto insurance in Holland, you might check with your agent to see if it covers you for renting a car in Aruba. My collision insurance here covers me for renting a car in any U S territory or state including the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam. Since Aruba is a Dutch protectorate, it might cover you there.