Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Check your insurance!

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........
    That really stinks.. But I'll have to say that the first time I went was eight years ago.. My brother and his wife rented a car and someone stole the tires off of it.. Apparently, something was a little fishy there to because other people had the same issue.. Everyone was thinking that the rental company had something to do with this missing tires.. Thinking that the car needed new tires to begin with. And that way the company wouldn't have to purchase them if they all of the sudden got stolen... Real Nice to be such scammers.. I take the bus, no need for a car. I go to relax, if I want to drive, I'll just go Home... Keep on searching to find out what you hear.. Good Luck!!

Becky

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>> " no need for a car. I go to relax,"
    ---- Ditto. I usually use cabs.

I, myself, am not "too proud" to go either by the bus or taxicab. Matter of fact, riding the bus is an experience and often leads to meeting locals and making friends.

Veronje, did anyone help, please give us an update

Update on car theft

Update: Amigo asked us to pay half the price of the depreciated value of the car, which was a 2006 Nissan Sentra B13 - this amounted to about $3500 U.S. We were still in a state of shock, so complied. The owner promised to repay us if the car is found, but by the looks of the articles in the local Aruba papers, the car will be stripped of tires, windshield, doors and motor and left out in the bush in some deserted place. Yes, there are such places, even on this small island. And if that is indeed the case, the owner may ask us to pay the other half!

We will be checking with our lawyer now that we are back home to see if there is anything that can be done about this situation. We also intend to write to various officials in the Aruban government.

We both agree that had this money been going to feed the poor and homeless, we would have parted with it much more happily. As it is, we are trying to be philosophical about it, realizing that a life of crime such as the thief or thieves must lead, is not a life to be envied. My wish is that they will find peace and happiness and redirect their lives in more useful ways!

Renting vs taking a bus or cab

Quote Originally Posted by beckybnott View Post
    That really stinks.. But I'll have to say that the first time I went was eight years ago.. My brother and his wife rented a car and someone stole the tires off of it.. Apparently, something was a little fishy there to because other people had the same issue.. Everyone was thinking that the rental company had something to do with this missing tires.. Thinking that the car needed new tires to begin with. And that way the company wouldn't have to purchase them if they all of the sudden got stolen... Real Nice to be such scammers.. I take the bus, no need for a car. I go to relax, if I want to drive, I'll just go Home... Keep on searching to find out what you hear.. Good Luck!!

Becky
    Yes, I agree with you about taking the bus when on holiday, and most of the time we do just that. However, this time was special. My husband grew up on Aruba and this was the first time back in 25 years. We rented a car so he could show me all his boyhood haunts; all the beaches he had hung out on, the shores and coves he had explored, the trails he had hiked. Luckily, we had done a lot of this during the first week we were there before the car was stolen.

Veronje,
    If you are looking for someone to write to, here is e-mail for the Commissioner of Police. pdewitte@kparuba.com

Veronje
    If you want to see how many vehicles are stolen ck out this paper www.awemainta.com
    If yours was a blue or greenish color I think in the last day or even perhaps todays addition it was there on page 9 I believe.
    Ck it out
    Let the Carnival Begin
    Mr Norman Paperman

Yes it was today's paper on page 9 Here is a copy of the article and there is a picture of the vehicle. It loooks like most of the vehicle is intact.
    I often read this well at least look at the pictures as it paints a picture of what is happening on Aruba.
    Diabierna
    atardi/anochi a drenta informacion di un
    doņo di un Nissan Sentra, cu a ser horta for di Madiki, cu el
    a bin haya su auto bek y mesora el a avisa polis. Na yegada di
    patruya policial, nan a constata cu e auto tabata pacialmente
    desmantela caba. E doņo a keda di busca un takelwagen pa

bay busca su auto cu ta completamente hinca den mondi.
    Let the Carnival Begin
    Mr Norman Paperman

Quote Originally Posted by phillyboater View Post
    Veronje,
    If you are looking for someone to write to, here is e-mail for the Commissioner of Police. pdewitte@kparuba.com
    Thanks, Phillyboater. Any other suggestions?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast