Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dmenace
  • 1 Post By Volker63

Thread: Convertible Car Rental?

Convertible Car Rental?

We are soooo looking forward to our first trip to Aruba.
    My wife loves convertibles and I thought it would be a nice surprise to have one during our stay.
    Were a bit older and a Jeep really isn't our thing.
    Is there any places that rent convertibles that you know of.

Thanks and thank everyone for all the great info on this site!

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    I have seen a few on the Island but never looked into renting one. With the constant wind and dirt roads ( when you are away from the populated areas ) it has not made sence for me...and I like convertibles also. Enjoy the trip. It is a great place

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/search/site/car%20rentals
    try emailiing some of the car rental companies listed on above link

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Please post if you find out they are available. I have only seen one or two, in fact it was my car's twin a Sebring convertible even the same color! I have a feeling it belongs to someone who lives on the island as my friend who visits Aruba a month before us sees it also. I always see it parked near the Paddock. I would love to ride Aruba in one also, however, DH would make me put the top up and air on (lol)....I never use the air even at home when it is 100, top down all the way baby! Good luck I hope you can rent one.

Cool Try this site

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Please post if you find out they are available. I have only seen one or two, in fact it was my car's twin a Sebring convertible even the same color! I have a feeling it belongs to someone who lives on the island as my friend who visits Aruba a month before us sees it also. I always see it parked near the Paddock. I would love to ride Aruba in one also, however, DH would make me put the top up and air on (lol)....I never use the air even at home when it is 100, top down all the way baby! Good luck I hope you can rent one.
    http://www.econoaruba.com/cars-and-rates/

Try this site I found Mustang and Sebring!

According to their website, Econo Car has convertibles.

http://www.econoaruba.com/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    According to their website, Econo Car has convertibles.

http://www.econoaruba.com/home.html

We rented twice a number of years back a convertible from Econo. We actually had the blue Sebring. They are older and a little banged up but we had fun with them. Sitting in the front is really not a problem with wind but if you have to sit in the back, it is extremely windy there. If I sat in the back and wore a hoody then it was ok. Front seats was great and fun. Dealing with Econo is another issue. Make sure you ask them to pick you up and bring you to their location otherwise they won't offer.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Good luck with the convertible! I would love to cruise the island with the top down. My husband would never ride in the car with me though - he's also an A/C kinda guy!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Good luck with the convertible! I would love to cruise the island with the top down. My husband would never ride in the car with me though - he's also an A/C kinda guy!
    That's deplorable, Jacki! We own a Miata for a long time, and it's always nice to drive with :-).
    Nothing more to say than "Best in Life is Cabrio drive".