Aruba Beach

Thread: Cycling Lanes

Cycling Lanes

Does anybody know about planned expansion or implementation of cycling lanes on the island? I had heard there were plans to expand the lane in the city core but trying to find out if there are plans to potentially implement in other areas/thoroughfares on the island?

Or, even better, if you know who I should contact in the government (municipal?), I'll get in touch and report back to the forum.

Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    Minister of Tourism and Transportation is Otmar Oduber

QUOTE=act1966;260282]Does anybody know about planned expansion or implementation of cycling lanes on the island? I had heard there were plans to expand the lane in the city core but trying to find out if there are plans to potentially implement in other areas/thoroughfares on the island?

Or, even better, if you know who I should contact in the government (municipal?), I'll get in touch and report back to the forum.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Great, Thanks!

Just found this in an article I discovered via Google search - considering that cycling is starting to overtake golfing as the number one sport of retirees, they're definitely headed in the right direction:

The Aruba government is on a drive to make Aruba a healthier nation and cycling is its secret weapon. In 2014 it will unveil a bike trail that circumnavigates the whole island and Aruba’s national park will be given officially graded trails by the International Mountain Biking Federation. It is also hopeful that an Aruban cyclist, 15-year-old Zaithyel Soekandar, will represent the island in the 2016 Rio Olympics.